Level 9 Legendaries

ChappyHappy

You're not going to get a Lv. 9 Legendary that wasn't RELEASED at Lv. 9 or below (i.e. the Sinnjoh Ruins dragons) through wi-fi. The check is surprisingly sturdy, it covers all illegal Pokemon/Level scenarios from what I can tell.

You'd think, as much as they put into making sure illegal can't get into wi-fi, they'd make it impossible to request illegal Pokemon too.

Save it as a lv. 100 party pokemon in pokegen, open it with a hex editor look for "64" at location 0x8C. Change that to "09" save. openup in Legality Checker, there will be an error after about 3 seconds don't close it out make note of the checksum, if it says invalid write those 4 characters down, format WXYZ. Open in hex editor again. WX goes at location 0x07 and YZ goes at location 0x06. Save. open from pokesav, NOT POKEGEN, in the party section (preferrebly slot 1 so have a crappy pokemon there) create code. Use code.

Yea, the lvl9 legendaries can be an easy fix...like a pokemon can only be on the GTS for 10days before deletion or something. Or a different room so those people can show off their shinies.

~~

Uh oh...I'm a noob to hex editing.

Ok, so I have a lvl100 Zekrom and Reshiram in the party. Zekrom in slot1, Reshiram in slot2.

I'm using HxD. I press Ctrl+G and type in '08C'. It brings me to an address that has '00' instead of '64'.

If I use Ctrl+F and search '64' as hex value, I end up at Offset: 409. There's also a bunch more '64' after that at different offsets.

I'm stuck there because I dont know which value to change.

EDIT: I just plowed on ahead and changed the value at '08C' from '00' to '09'. Exported Zekrom to .pkm file. Got error 0x5390. Changed value at '07' and '06'. Open in pokeSAV and Exported ARDS Code for slot1 in the party.

Now, I'm more stuck cause I have no idea how to use the .xml file. Lol.

I opened it in notepad. Am I suppose to put all those codes into a urscheat.dat file? I'm using R4 with WoodR4 installed.

EDIT2: I figured out how to use the .xml file. Lol.

I used the second block of code since I have White. I went in-game. Pressed L+R. Got a lvl100 Zekrom. I tried to trade, but I cant select Zekrom though (it's still grayed out). :(

Edited by ChappyHappy

Hey guys I'm new to this website and I really like these forums, you all put up loads of nice .pkm files! :D Lol but I really want a level 9 Zekrom that can somehow magically pass the legal test, I have no idea what .sav files can be used for but if you can make a legit level 9 or lower zekrom saved as a .pkm file that would be SWEEEET. I have a Mac, and they can't download and use like, any good files such as .exe lol it stinks...

:(

No, I cant. It's grayed out and cant select it.

Haha it's ok :) Lol there are so many people who show off their shinies in the gts that say they will take a zekrom level 9, if someone could make that we would be hittin the jackpot with legit shinys haha :P