New to creating PKM, need help!

azn_souja

Everything seems so confusing and I don't know where to start off. Should I be using Pokesav or Pokegen? Also how long does it usually take to generate one legal/legit Pokemon? All these things about PIDs, Bytes and stuff got me really confused, any help is appreciated thanks!

I would start by using Pokegen its way more user friendly. As for the PIDs simply leave it blank in pokegen. Pokegen will automatically create one for you. The guide here http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14026-Guide-How-to-generate-Gen-V-Pokmon-in-PokGen should have all your answers. Oh and as for time it should only take a few minutes tops if you have all you info.

At the moment, PokeGen for creating Pokemon and PokeSav if you want to edit your items, IDs or move whole boxes of Pokemon at once.

Acanto's Guide is awesome and you shouldn't have too many problems if you follow it properly. I'd say be thorough, double-check everything and you'll find it quite simple to make legit Pokes.

Oh and I'd recommend using the PID Finder in PokeGen for anything pre-Gen V. As long as it isn't supposed to look like it was caught in Black/White it'll get you legit PIDs.