New Event Checks for next version of Legality Checker!

Sabresite

According to GU its a mystery gift event that you pick up from the pokemon center. GU also said hes traveling and will provide information for confirmation once he is back.

With this information we can determine if the game creates the PID/IVs post-acquisition, or pre-acquisition by looking at how the GBA mystery gifts work.

Also please keep in mind that 3rd generation eggs could not be traded. Therefore if you received an egg from an event and it has an origination seed, then its most likely NOT possible to get a shiny. So if you ripped out your egg and put it into a different save, or changed the TID/SID to match the egg, then the egg is no longer legit or legal.

If I am not mistaken Saber, you CAN trade eggs in Emerald/FR/LG. A trip to google proved useful, apparently.

You just need the National Dex on both ends, can someone confirm this? I don't have 2 National Dex GBA games to test.

If so, it is definitely possible to produce Shiny Egg Events.

Hell, if you cannot trade Eggs in 3rd Gen, then all those Emu Emerald Shiny breeds are all considered hacks. =/

I did the same search and you are correct, thank you for that information!

Keep in mind that its still a 8 in 4 billion chance to trade the egg to someone that would produce a shiny. For collectors who want strictly legit pokes, its a safe bet to stay away from any shiny egg event pokes.

What this means though is that you can RNG abuse a set of TID/SID to correspond with the event pokemon egg's PID.... depending on how strict your view is on legitness of a pokemon, using these abuses would make the shiny non-legit.

I forgot to mention... to date not many people (if any) have gone through the torture of creating an rng program to abuse TID/SID for gba games. So the likelihood of an actual shiny event poke is 0.0000001863%. If you take into consideration the availability of someone to abuse TID/SID's... its just about zero.

Edited by Sabresite

So, the eggs that are included in this would be PCNY Wish, PCJP, and Pokebox, correct? Meaning, most likely the shinies that are around we either hacked, or someone changed their ID/SID, correct?

Also, is it 100% that Ageto and WISHMKR cannot be shiny? Or is there some room for a slight maybe? ;)

Thanks for all the help/info, guys! ^_^