Sync

For some reason, everytime I edit a Pokémon with Pokégen, when I run it through legal.exe, it says the normal PID type as usual, but then it says (Sync: Valid) right next to it.

I didn't use Synchronize to encounter the Pokémon in the first place and all I did was edit the EV's.

Is there a way to fix that?

It only happens with normal Pokémon caught in-game.

Well, it doesn't matter that much, since the Pokémon in itself still is legal.

Since I didn't touch the PID at all and only changed the EV's, it should be fine.

But I was using the beta, is there a possibility that it set something wrong for some reason?

Or does problems only happen when using save files?

... Wait!

Seems like it might be a problem on legal.exe's side after all.

I got a lot of .pkm files off pkmdb and ran them all through legal.exe. They all had that sync part on them.

This kind of got me a bit scared that I would have messed something up on my shiny Bellossom and Roserade. :/

also note that sabre's implementation isn't perfect and does make some mistakes with calling valid spreads invalid occasionally. this will be fixed in the next version of legal.

so, if you run into a problem where you're sure you're using a valid spread for method j/k but it's reporting it as invalid there shouldn't be anything to worry about. method j/k is used for wild pokes and standing legendaries.