It's called RESPECT.

I said borderline bashing. Calling a group of people "creepy" is "not respectful". Lol ;)

It's not like they're deserving of respect in the first place. When your website's forum has a club called "Pokephilia", then something is wrong. Not necessarily with the running of the forums, but the type of fans it caters to. Having a big chunk of active members who are in the general "Creep" category (furries, fan fic writers/artists, etc...) makes it less appealing to the broader, "non-creep" type of fan.

Trueee. Lol. I just had to comment on the obvious irony in this thread.

It's not like they're deserving of respect in the first place. When your website's forum has a club called "Pokephilia", then something is wrong.

Yeah, but not all furries are into that. And not all people into that are furries. I'm not gonna go into morals about something being wrong or not. Especially if said thing involves fictional characters that doesn't affect our lives.

Besides, everyone has a little love for Pokémon here, at it's purest meaning, eh? ;)

Edit 2: Waitwaitwait... Artists are creepy now?xD I'm assuming you mean fics and art that involves things with an Adult Only rating.

And I think most people are aware that some people like different or odd things, and to just ignore it. As long as people don't shove weird stuffs in everyone's faces, it shouldn't be a problem.

Okay, I see. Well you just started debating, which I find pretty ironic doing it on a thread like this. Well lets just stay on topic from now on.

Debating isn't against the rules. If you can't handle having a discussion, people not agreeing with you, or people asking to justify your opinion, you should reconsider posting.

And respect isn't an inherent, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's earned. Posters who could drag the community down aren't something that are necessarily deserving of respect. I think there are certainly types of members that can be seen in other fan communities that tend to polarize a forum one way or another, and make any poster who doesn't fall into an extreme less likely to post.

And respect isn't an inherent, as far as I'm concerned. I think it's earned. Posters who could drag the community down aren't something that are necessarily deserving of respect. I think there are certainly types of members that can be seen in other fan communities that tend to polarize a forum one way or another, and make any poster who doesn't fall into an extreme less likely to post.

Well, as far as I am concerned respect is not earned. Mutual respect is expected. If one person violates that then there are consequences. But we should never start by not respecting someone because they have not earned it. They'll have it automatically. But if they do certain things which we deem disrespectful or inappropriate, then we will do something so that they do not affect the rest of the community.

Well, as far as I am concerned respect is not earned. Mutual respect is expected. If one person violates that then there are consequences. But we should never start by not respecting someone because they have not earned it. They'll have it automatically. But if they do certain things which we deem disrespectful or inappropriate, then we will do something so that they do not affect the rest of the community.

Well said. I think everyone should refrain from using colorful language and such things.

Hm? Were posts deleted? I was away for a bit so I guess I missed out.

And um yeah. I don't see how debating contradicts respect, but okay. Moving on. Sorry if I started anything, guys.

I agree with both earning and starting out with mutual respect. Everyone should start out with at least the barest amount of civil respect for each other, then let that grow from there on.

Hm? Were posts deleted? I was away for a bit so I guess I missed out.
yes some posts were deleted because they were concerning things we do not want discussed here.
And um yeah. I don't see how debating contradicts respect, but okay. Moving on. Sorry if I started anything, guys.
Like I said earlier in the thread, it is possible to debate and be respectful at the same time. Actually it is required.

I think I didn't get my point across well. While I think respect is earned, that doesn't mean people should start with no respect or disrespect. As you say, people should start on an even ground as equal as every other newcomer.

EDIT: And as someone else said, civil respect should always be held ,regardless.

Respect is earned by someones actions. I have tons of haters in IRC from when I was a spam whore. Bottom line, if you want respect, earn it, don't expect it.

I was here to see what was going on. And i didn't really cared about forums and such...However now i actually want to help people and share information and experience, but still don't like much posting. And on another hand feels sort of good helping, Odd...