Does Trainer's name have effect on getting into Random Wifi Battle?

dNice

Well a few days ago I was using PokeSav to sav since I couldn't use PokeGen at the moment. Originally I had Juhye\FFFF\0000\FFFF as my trainer's name in game, but when i was using PokeSav i accidently changed my trainer's name to the US fonts "Juhye" that PokeSav uses which is apparently smaller than the Juhye\FFFF\0000\FFFF I set in my Japanese white ver. game. (i noticed the font difference through my pokemon's info).

I'm just wondering if there's a way to revert this and will this effect my entry for the Random Wifi's feature in game :frown:?

Edited by dNice

Not sure if it does or not, but you should probably change it back...

If you had a backup save all you have to do is edit the "trashbytes" or whatever of the OT.

trainer name doesn't, i'm pretty sure.

Cool! Thank god there's option in PokeSav where you can change the trashbytes of OT if not I would've been doomed!

• 2 weeks later...
Well a few days ago I was using PokeSav to sav since I couldn't use PokeGen at the moment. Originally I had Juhye\FFFF\0000\FFFF as my trainer's name in game, but when i was using PokeSav i accidently changed my trainer's name to the US fonts "Juhye" that PokeSav uses which is apparently smaller than the Juhye\FFFF\0000\FFFF I set in my Japanese white ver. game. (i noticed the font difference through my pokemon's info).

I'm just wondering if there's a way to revert this and will this effect my entry for the Random Wifi's feature in game :frown:?

So, if you don't mind giving some feedback, did this work for you? Like, can you get on Random Wifi? o: