EMS save file

sid18

Hi, I have an EMS USB adapter that saves a game save from an original cart to the PC, when I try to open my Pokemon White save file in Pokegen it just crashes, it works fine for the save files from any older game but not my Pokemon White.

If there's something else I can buy that can save my original cart save file to the PC that may work better please let me know (there is a newer version of the EMS that I might buy), I used to use savsender but I find it doesn't work too well.

Thanks for any help with this.

Hi thanks for the reply, it seems that person is using the newer version of the adapter (the plus version) so I may buy that and try it out.

After looking into it a bit further there's another adapter that was released just last month that i'm looking for to buy, it's called the SMS4, if anyone can find anywhere for me to buy one that delivers to the UK I'll buy it and try the produced save with Pokegen.

Also for anyone interested in trying any of this out, there's also some software called the NEO2 Pro Manager that works with USB game readers (i've not found which ones yet though, it doesn't work with my EMS) so this could also produce a working save from an SMS reader.

Hi thanks for the reply, it seems that person is using the newer version of the adapter (the plus version) so I may buy that and try it out.

After looking into it a bit further there's another adapter that was released just last month that i'm looking for to buy, it's called the SMS4, if anyone can find anywhere for me to buy one that delivers to the UK I'll buy it and try the produced save with Pokegen.

Also for anyone interested in trying any of this out, there's also some software called the NEO2 Pro Manager that works with USB game readers (i've not found which ones yet though, it doesn't work with my EMS) so this could also produce a working save from an SMS reader.

the sms4 isn't out yet. the one you're looking at is an imitation. don't buy it. the sms2 doesn't work with b/w or hgss,(i have one and can confirm) so wait for the real sms4 to come out.

you sure you have the nds adaptor+ updated with the newest firmware? it's been tested and it does work with b/w.

the software you're talking abpout works just with that "brand" of hardware- sms, sms2, sms4 once it's out and other NEO things. e: i just tried my sms2, and it didn't work that software.

e: wait, do you have the nds adaptor or nds adaptor+? the former doesn't work with b/w, i don't think.

Hi, thanks for replying.

No I don't have the Plus version, that's what I'm thinking of buying, I've looked around their site but I couldn't find a page of firmware updates, I'll go back and have another look then I'll buy one and update it.

Can the save files generated with the Plus version be edited with Pokegen?

Here's the file that crashed it, you have to click all files when you go to load since it has no extension, for older games it works fine and writes back to the cart fine (I haven't tried with HG/SS) this is what the adapter (non Plus version) outputs as a backup save.

I tried to just attach it here but it wouldn't work (probably because it doesn't have a file extension).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQ1B1VPI

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

A file extension is nothing but text. Give it one. I'm not sure if that's what's blocking an attachment on here though.

Edit: Nevermind, a refresh was enough to let me download it.

Edit2: This file has practically no data in it. The majority of it is zeroed out. It looks like it tried to copy the save file a little from the top, but it just stopped. This didn't crash PokeGen for me.

I got the adapter through today and the save files produced (which are now actually given a .sav extension) open with Pokegen fine, I had a bit of trouble installing it at first because it wouldn't recognise any of the drivers from the website but they had posted a modified version on their forums which worked fine, I have posted it here for anyone that wants it.

EMSLink_v3.1.0.2010_modded.zip

EMSLink_v3.1.0.2010_modded.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...