Using HyperGTS for Public Distribution

Recently I discovered HyperGTS, and successfully used it with my internal IP to send pokemon to and from my PC.

After that, I decided that I would like to try my hand at a public distribution with my newly uploaded .pkm files. It was here I hit problems.

After inserting my external IP into HyperGTS and my DS's DNS settings and checking that both UDP 53 and TCP 80 were open, I proceeded the same way I had when sending pokemon using my internal IP. I went into the GTS as normal in my game, but after displaying as a full green connection for about 10-20 seconds, the connection suddenly goes empty and then displays the error 52000.

I have tried this with both the original HyperGTS and the Modified HyperGTS. Using both I get the same problem within my game.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Error: I could not see your service on 58.169.110.111 on port (80)

Reason: Connection timed out

Hmm, not sure why that is.

I have unblocked the ports both on my firewall and router.

I have also disabled all IM services and Skype, because after reading previous posts I noted they were common Port 80 users.

Oh, and I've also checked netstat -ano and nothing was listening on either 53 or 80.

COULD be due to your ISP having a Transparent Proxy.

From what I understand, your ISP (Telstra Internet, correct?) does not block Port 80, but has a transparent proxy. A transparent proxy could cause you to be unable to connect.

Not sure about this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I don't know anything about proxies so you're probably right.

I just wish it was as easy as connecting internally...

Thanks for your input, though.

Well I don't know anything about proxies so you're probably right.

I just wish it was as easy as connecting internally...

Thanks for your input, though.

go into ms config and go to the "startup" tab. uncheck everything that is checked(but note what you're unchecking so you can re-check the right ones later) and restart. does it work now? if so, go one by one through re-checking things and restarting your pc. if not, go to a command prompt and type:

netstat -a -o

without having hypergts running. note whether or not anything is listening on port 80 or 53. there likely won;t be and it's just a transparent proxy, but if something is listening, you can figure out what it is via process ID and disable it while you use hypergts.

go into ms config and go to the "startup" tab. uncheck everything that is checked(but note what you're unchecking so you can re-check the right ones later) and restart. does it work now? if so, go one by one through re-checking things and restarting your pc. if not, go to a command prompt and type:

netstat -a -o

without having hypergts running. note whether or not anything is listening on port 80 or 53. there likely won;t be and it's just a transparent proxy, but if something is listening, you can figure out what it is via process ID and disable it while you use hypergts.

I tried this and managed to get a message appear on HyperGTS - something about 'error: wrong connection, probably not a DS' (I don't remember exactly).

This might be because my brother and sister are both using other computers on our home network that may be using the ports. I will try again later when no other computers are being used, like I did last time.

I tried this and managed to get a message appear on HyperGTS - something about 'error: wrong connection, probably not a DS' (I don't remember exactly).

This might be because my brother and sister are both using other computers on our home network that may be using the ports. I will try again later when no other computers are being used, like I did last time.

that message doesn't mean what you think it means. it's just saying that the pc with the server installed on it has had some traffic to it, likely to one of those ports. trying without other pcs being in use won't change anything. it has to do with the pc the server is being hosted on. sounds like it's just a proxy if you're positive nothing is running on 80 or 53.

"error: wrong connection, probably not a DS" is a generic error message for an invalid request to the server, usually one that doesn't come from a DS. As Bond697 said, it has to do with the PC being hosted on and your Internet Service Provider. If your ISP uses a transparent proxy, or you have a shared connection with several other people on one line, you will probably have some issues.