Since the release of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, it has been unknown how a proprietary archive file called FARC linked filenames to files. It functions like a hash table, where the game gets a filename somehow, does something to hash the filename, then corresponds that with a file. Until recently, the somehow and something have been unknown. Editing files in these archives required either putting up with the lack of filenames, or somehow knowing which filenames corresponded to which hashes. A
I have a new development build of Sky Editor ready. Since Build 33, the following changes have been made:
Add: UI for editing held items in Friend Rescue
Add: Controls for parameters for adding new items are enabled or disabled as appropriate
Fix: New held items aren't saved
Download (Log in as a guest if prompted)
There's a lot that needs to be done before the next version of Sky Editor can be fully released. However, I intend to keep releasing development builds u
Project Pokémon now has blogs. As the creator of Sky Editor and admin of Project Pokémon, I've moved the Sky Editor blog to Project Pokémon.
I'm currently rewriting the save editing library in C# so I can finally move away from the PCL project towards a .Net Standard project that can target both .Net Standard and the .Net Framework. I tried the lastest VS2017 preview which supposedly supports Visual Basic in .Net Standard; however it lacks understanding of basic VB features such as the "vbC
I'm working on releasing a new version of Sky Editor at some point. I currently have no ETA, because the new version will come with a pretty heavy refactor, and things are currently a bit unstable. However, I have a development version ready for anyone who wants to try the latest features.
This version (Build 33) comes with the following enhancements to inventory management for PMD: Explorers of Sky save files:
View and Edit the stack size of stack-able items like sticks and rocks
Yesterday, I managed to extract models and animations from pokemon_graphic.bin, so they can be viewed with standard 3DS model viewers. Today, I did the next logical step, and wrote code to change these animations. Observe:
I don't have special builds ready just yet, but if you're a developer who's anxious to make changes, I have some sample code here. (That link might be dead if you're reading this a week or so after this post was published.)
For about 8 months, the latest build of the ROM editor had a fatal error in the patcher, used when building a ROM from a project. I put off fixing it because it required updating and cleaning up all of the ROM Editor's dependencies, but today I finally got around to it. Look here for the Usage Guide, which should work with the latest version.
Download (Build 53)
Remember last week's blog post? Turns out it causes a crash during the final boss battle. I'm working on fixing it, and everything should work fine until the final boss battle, but everyone should be prepared to recreate any starter modification projects made since I announced the new feature:
It has something to do with substituted animations, and that's all I know. No idea why this is an issue yet.
User-friendly interface over vague, impossible-to-guess-without-documentation step
I have a new build of Sky Editor's ROM editor available that adds some fun new features. First up is the new wizard you can see above. This should make the whole process more user-friendly (I hope). At the time of posting, there is a glitch where the Finish button won't be enabled when the extraction is complete, but this can be worked around by clicking Back then Next. The second feature is the addition of P
I fixed the crash I reported a few days ago:
I'm not 100% sure why it was an issue in the first place, but one of the characters must work a little differently than others, so substituting animations broke something.