VC Pokemon throught Bank with console date changed

javier_himura

I have a question about pokemon legality

For most of the games the met date is not a value that can be checked to determine if a pokemon is legal or not because the user could change his console date to any value.

But i have the doubt if this can be used to alter the date with VC pokemon transfered from RBY games to Sun/Moon, because in those cases the met date is asigned by the bank itself, and the bank, unlike other pokemon games, is an aplication that only works online, always connected.

If the 3DS internal date is changed to, for example 2010, a RBY pokemon will pass with the met date the one in the console or it will use the date from de Nintendo Servers (2017)? Anyone have test this case?

14 minutes ago, javier_himura said:

I have a question about pokemon legality

For most of the games the met date is not a value that can be checked to determine if a pokemon is legal or not because the user could change his console date to any value.

But i have the doubt if this can be used to alter the date with VC pokemon transfered from RBY games to Sun/Moon, because in those cases the met date is asigned by the bank itself, and the bank, unlike other pokemon games, is an aplication that only works online, always connected.

If the 3DS internal date is changed to, for example 2010, a RBY pokemon will pass with the met date the one in the console or it will use the date from de Nintendo Servers (2017)? Anyone have test this case?

I've never tested what date Pokemon Bank assigns to your Pokemon.

Give me a moment to check.

EDIT:
They use the date from the 3DS.

• Like 1