Legality Bugs

choatix

Couple of small legality issues with the new version:

A) (Oddity) Sport Ball pokemon can be transferred to Platinum (and presumably DP) and transferred upwards from there. As such, this makes them valid if in Poke Balls, even though it seems they can only be in Sport Balls. (Can't have ball for encounter type)

B) For some reason, Moon Balls seem to flag as invalid for several in my bank ball collection, and I have the full set of Apricorn balls. Can't work out a reason for this one. (Error: Can't have ball for encounter type)

C) https://pastebin.com/18NPkxsD - exception whilst trying to view the legality of an event - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8HiDiifvmfnd1A4MkRQT21takU pk7 file in question

D) Lv37 Lapras in the Safari Zone (so Safari Ball) counted as invalid, caught myself, same for lv42 Voltorb

E) Dream world exclusive moves/combinations are counted as invald, eg Spinda w/ Superpower (Can send a full list of oddities/pk7 files for this if needed)

1 hour ago, choatix said:

A) (Oddity) Sport Ball pokemon can be transferred to Platinum (and presumably DP) and transferred upwards from there. As such, this makes them valid if in Poke Balls, even though it seems they can only be in Sport Balls. (Can't have ball for encounter type)

But origin game will still be HGSS, hence the error wouldn't pop up (I think)
it'll be good if you can show relevant PKHeX screenshots for this

B) For some reason, Moon Balls seem to flag as invalid for several in my bank ball collection, and I have the full set of Apricorn balls. Can't work out a reason for this one. (Error: Can't have ball for encounter type)

What species? PKHeX Screenshot pls

C) https://pastebin.com/18NPkxsD - exception whilst trying to view the legality of an event - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8HiDiifvmfnd1A4MkRQT21takU pk7 file in question

able to replicate, confirmed there's a problem with this @Kaphotics

D) Lv37 Lapras in the Safari Zone (so Safari Ball) counted as invalid, caught myself, same for lv42 Voltorb

do upload these pokemon

E) Dream world exclusive moves/combinations are counted as invald, eg Spinda w/ Superpower (Can send a full list of oddities/pk7 files for this if needed)

hmm, I assume might still be worked on..

----------

Since we are talking about bugs, here's a few of my own:
1. Japanese Nidoran M and F female unnicknamed (species name) not recognized. (likely due to the symbols) [will attach below]

2. A few encounters that don't match encounter type, mainly cave or safari ball.
While I don't think there are hacks, it's possible some were, because this is from an old save. [will attach below]

3. Dragon Den's Extremespeed Dratini [will attach below]

folder password is irc staff password
errors.rar

I have attached additional screenshots and information.

Note that the Moon Ball error occurs for every single pokemon originating an gen 4, looks like a simple oversight.

As for the safari balls, I have attached the pk7 files. Note some of these also have 'PID mismatch with nature' and similar errors, but I caught these myself. I can assume I caught these pokemon whilst using the Cute Charm shiny glitch, which may have had some effect on these, but on strangely few of them. I forget how I transferred these pokemon from 4th to 7th Gen however, if this could be causing the concern.

PkHexData.zip

About the encounter type for generation 4 i made a few changes in the last commit to fix some erros, like bug contest and safari zone pokemon and illex forest pokemon with error in the encounter type.

Also i have myself some pokemon with invalid encounter type and i think the encounter type for rock smash and headbutt encounters is more complex that what i think in the first place.

A Krabby caugh with Rock Smash in Cianwood City with encounter type Building and a Hoot hoot from Jhoto Route 31 with encounter type Tail Grass tha can only be caught from headbutt (met level 3)

What i think is the encounter type for those pokemon depends on the tile where the player is standing where headbutt is used. That means a headbutt pokemon can have encounter type none in a normal tile, tail grass in a grass tile, cave in place like illex forest and building in cities (and maybe surf , it is possible to headbutt from water?). That would requires a list of areas where headbutt can be used from the grass, from normal tiles, cave tiles and city tiles.

It seems the same with Rock Smash in cities. But those examples are from an old file and i am not sure if the data was not hacked, i needed to play with HGSS games and check this encounters.

Hi.

Firstly, I need to say I'm really glad because the last updating for PKHex: the Legality Checker for 3rd, 4th and 5th generations to PkHex. I really apreciate your work.

Secondly, I noticed something about Legality Checker for 5th Gen: PkHex checked some pokemon with Hidden Ability as Legal and Pokebank checked them as ilegal. Everybody can see clearly here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Tycho/List_of_Pokémon_with_unreleased_Hidden_Abilities

Impossible HAs.jpg