PKHeX is now able to edit parts of the save, known as save blocks. It allows users to export and import various save blocks.
Here's a tutorial on how to get it done.
0. Keep a safe backup of your unedited save, somewhere on your computer. We're not liable if this results in a corrupted save.
1. Make sure you redownloaded and use the latest PKHeX. (Initial version with this feature caused corruption. Additionally, older copies do not have the feature)
2. Load the target save in PKHeX.
3. Now, click on SAV on the tabs.
4. Now, click on the button Block Data
5. Another window should open up.
6. Scroll through the dropdown list at Block Key:.
For this example, I'll be importing the file normal_encount into *Object KNormalEncount (Original quote below, can be found here)
On 1/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, theSLAYER said:
*Object KNormalEncount is for normal_encount
Since I'm importing into *Object KNormalEncount, that is what my screenshot shows.
7. Now that Block Key: is showing the correct value, select Import Current Block.
8. A window should pop-up. Select the correct file to import, then select Open.
In my case, I'm importing the file normal_encount.
9. Now that the file has been imported, close only the first window
10. Then, proceed to File > Export SAV... > Export main
11. Now close PKHeX. If you want to make sure the new save file is not corrupted, reopen PKHeX and try to load the save.
As you can see, the save file loads
In block data, you can also see it is updated to show an Index 09 file.
At time of writing, PKHeX only updates that box when the Block Data box is closed and reopened
12. You're done. Now reimport the save into your Switch to observe the effects.
Note: As of v.1.2.0 of the game, they added a new file called normal_encount_rigel1,
which I've been told is required for wild area events to work.
For wild area events Index 24 and lesser, simply also import normal_encount into knormalencountrigel1.
This means normal_encount is imported into two block IDs, being knormalencount and knormalencountrigel1.
Edited by theSLAYER