ARDS Connector Replacement?

I bought my ARDS a long time ago, and somehow along the way I lost the USB connector from the ARDS to the computer. Do you know of any way I could purchase or receive a replacement connector? Because without the connector I cannot use lengthy codes due to the fact I cannot use the AR Code Manager, which is becoming rather bothersome.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, all you need is a standard USB-A and a Mini-B adapter and your set.

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Female-Mini-Male-Adapter/dp/B0016RNX2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278103298&sr=1-1

^ 1 cent :D!!!

I'd have to recommend against this one. Look for one with some length of cord on it because it needs to be able to connect to the AR while it is in your DS and running. It would be quite awkward to have to hold the DS at some funny angle while it connects though a rather flimsy port such as USB mini.

Antidote, just to let you know, that USB Adapter is not for the AR. If you look at the AR USB Mini plug in and the USB Adapter you linked, its not the same type.

You can buy a Nintendo DSi AR Usb Data Cable or another Nintendo DSi AR w/ the DSi AR Manager Disk and the DSi Usb Data Cable at the following links below.

Note: The Nintendo DS and DSi AR Usb Data Cables are the same exact thing.

For the first link, it is the Nintendo AR DSi Usb Data Cable. It is about $7.00 and you have about 28 Days left to buy it.

For the second link, it is the Nintendo DSi AR w/ the DSi AR Manager Disk and the DSi Usb Data Cable. It is about $1.00 and you have about 2 Days left to buy it.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-Replay-DSi-Usb-Data-Cable-Nintendo-DS-Lite-DSi-/310230955463?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item483b34b5c7

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Action-Replay-DSi-w-usb-cable-and-disk-/330448275228?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4cf040871c

Poryhack, the length of the cable has no bearing on what data is transmitted, also thats an ADAPTER not a cable, if you look it has a FEMALE connector not a male.

Adapter, sorry. And I understand that. But my point was that with this adapter there is no length of cord to separate it from the USB port. Considering you have to have a have NDS>AR card>adapter>USB port you most likely don't want all that dangling by a USB port. If it has a cord you can at least maneuver the DS into a position where it's more accessible.

Riolu, Poryhack, you don't get it. It doesn't MATTER where you get a cable, a USB cable is a USB cable, I can use my moms USB cable for her phone just as easily as i can use that adapter. It's agnostic it doesn't care. Trust me, I know hardware.

EDIT:

That adapter allows you to use a standard double ended USB-A cable with a Mini-B device.

EDIT:

upon further investigation it seems that the AR-DS i have is an oddball it uses mini-B while the ones i've looked at online use some form of Micro-B

You've completely misinterpreted my last two posts. I haven't made any comment about where this should be purchased. Here's a diagram detailing what i was actually trying to say:

Untitled-1.png

I'm saying he should look for one similar to the one on the left. The Amazon one (right) would hang off the computer rather awkwardly (assuming pretty much any common USB port location) and make the DS hard to access. It's the same exact thing with some extra cord and it doesn't matter if it has the Datel name slapped on it. I'm not sure what was so hard to understand...

You've completely misinterpreted my last two posts. I haven't made any comment about where this should be purchased. Here's a diagram detailing what i was actually trying to say:

Untitled-1.png

I'm saying he should look for one similar to the one on the left. The Amazon one (right) would hang off the computer rather awkwardly (assuming pretty much any common USB port location) and make the DS hard to access. It's the same exact thing with some extra cord and it doesn't matter if it has the Datel name slapped on it. I'm not sure what was so hard to understand...

No YOU misinterpreted MY posts, what I'm saying is that you attach the ADAPTER to the USB CABLE then the ADAPTER to the ARDS don't be thick poryhack.

I would LOVE to see you plug a Female connector into another Female connector. It's a Square peg round hole scenario.

EDIT:

for further clarification:

57120707.png

NOW do you see what i mean?

Look, I clearly don't know the adapter versus cable terminology but I didn't think it had that much bearing on the point I was trying to get across. Your Amazon adapter doesn't come with a cable and I'm not sure if that was supposed to be implied or if I just missed it but it's clearly necessary. So now the question is why should there be two intermediaries when there can be just one? Datel's original product is unified, so they must exist.

EDIT: To clarify, this is what I was getting at all along. I didn't and still don't see anything about getting some length in between the computer and the DS.