Team Def Stad Memjee

memjee

STILL EDITING

UPDATED

This team is like a sandstall now... kinda.

It's a standard team and defensively orientated. As every pokemon here has at least a 100 base defense or Sp.Defense stat if not having both and they compliment each others weaknesses. This way it's easier to switch, and it really is.

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash

Role: Lead Spiker

Ability: Natural Cure

Evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Timid nature

- Sleep Powder

- Toxic Spikes

- Leaf Storm

- Hidden Power Fire

Info: Blissey has been a hinderance for my empoleon for a long time. But if Blisseys poisoned Empoleons chances are better. My only worry this pokemon closely resembles my Celebi.

---

Rotom-S @ Leftovers

Role: Spin Blocker

Evs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spe

Bold Nature

- Discharge

- Shadowball

- Air Slash

- Reflect

Info: My Spin Blocker, I know that Rotom-S is outclassed by his fellow counterparts but I needed a check for Machamp who has been giving my team problems. Reflect could give my Empoleon a chance to begin setting up. I also brought him in because of my apparent weakness to ground type.

---

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry

Role: Special Sweeper

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 8 HP/14 Def/236 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Agility

- Substitute

- Surf

- Ice Beam

Info: My favorite sweeper, most of my standard teams revolve around him. The strategy is pretty much known, so he's no longer underestimated like before. He's still great though.

---

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers

Role: Empoleon Guardian, Physical Wall

Ability: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe

Jolly nature

-Earthquake

-Roost

-Stealth Rock

-Taunt

Info: It used to be celebi, but he does the same job, gets complimented by sand stream and breaks stall teams, which I was weak too.

---

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Role: Special Defensive Tank

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef

Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Payback

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Info: It's funny how the little fairy is the physical wall and the imposing dinosaur is the special wall xD

This slot was originally my white herb dragonite, then I realized most of my pokemon are steel, so they'd do fine in sandstorm. He's basically my weather negater, the sandstorm is just a decent plus for me as none of my strategies revolve around it.

I use Cursetar, he's a special defensive beast, even a gengar focus blast didn't kill him when he was at full health.

---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf

Role: Fire Sponge/Sweeper/Revenge Killer

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Earth Power

- Explosion

- Flamethrower

- Dragon Pulse

Info: Well I have a ton of steel pokemon plus a celebi so I needed something to prevent death. Heatran is glue of my team, covering my blatant fire weaknessnes. But he's proven to be more than that, aside from being a focal point of my defense he's also become a reliable sweeper, getting fired up constantly makes him more powerful.

He's also my mandatory revenge killer.

Also how do my post cool pictures of my pokemon?? xDD

OLD POKEMON

Metagross @ Occa Berry

Role: Suicide Lead

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 246 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch

- Explosion

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake/meteor mash

Info: Standard Metagross lead, to this day I can't decide if I should use MM or EQ, what do you think?

With earthquake I make it's speed EVs 16 to outspeed opponents who made their lead metagrosses speed EVs 12 to outspeed 8 speed EVs lead metagrosses! Which is surprisingly a pretty common situation.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Role: Physical Sweeper/Bait

Ability: Swarm

EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

- Pursuit

- Superpower

Info: Standard CB Scizor, it pursuits and BPs. It's also flamethower bait for my heatran.

although it's considered "beastly" it's not doing that great for me, it's my least effective pokemon on my squad. Any suggestions?

Dragonite (M) @ White Herb

Role: Mixed Attacker

EVs: 168 Atk/100 Spe/240 SpA

Naughty nature

- Superpower

- Fire Blast

- Draco Meteor

- Extremespeed

Celebi @ Leftovers

Role: Defensive Wall

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd/2 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Grass Knot

- Recover

- Stealth Rock

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Info: My defensive wall, this bad boy works wonders for me. It's basically Empoleons Guardian, defending it and making sure it's counters are dealt with so it can begin sweeping.

Edited by memjee

I reccomend finding some replacemoent for like 2 pokes on your team as tsukasa said your entire team has an EQ weakness except siczor and celebi.

i suggest you drop celibi for something like

uxie@light clay

relaxed

252 def/252spdef/6 hp

reflect

light screen

thunder wave

u-turn

it resist ground all together it has thunder wave so it still slows the game down and give you complete control and lets you steer the match in any direction you want to while it still has a bug weakness it is not a 4x bug resistance and wont almost faint at every u-turn. plus it bulks up your team and helps you set up so much easier

and if you are going to drop siczor pick up

a gyarados or a salamence

gyarados provides more bulk while still being able to set up and sweep

or mence is a better mixed sweeper plus can be on the bulkier side after an intimidate.

here is a custom mence set i made myself

salamence@leftovers or lum berry

rash~intimidate

ev's:180atk/110spatk/220speed

fire blast

sub

dragon dance

dragon claw

sub is here for blocking off para and burn hax then you can just set up safely from behind a sub. and after 2 or three dragon dances you can tear down pokemon who resist your dragon claws and i run dragon claw as you getting locked into outrage means you are less likely to hold a sub and beside that i think outrage is a horrible move its one of the few moves I'd never put on a poke. this set checks everything with just 2 moves and a little setting up and it works wonderful with dual screening uxie because uxie helps it by bulking up it's subs and allowing it to set up a bit more

- Tsukasaa, surprisingly earthquake does nothing to Celebi (A double DD Tyranitar only did 21%!) but if he's gone I see your point. I'm probably going to remove scizor for a flying pokemon.

- Crinsom Assassin I am very familiar with those two pokemon, (I've ran DDmence, SpecsMence, Mixmence, Classicmixmence, Leadddmence, DDgya, BounceDDgya,CB Gya, Lead Gya)

So I know just how effective those two pokemon are. I'll try your salamence set and also a gyarados in exchange for scizor.

But I'm keeping celebi, he's meant to be paired with empoleon. Uxie seems good, but he doesn't cover empoleons electric weakness, and he won't be able to put up an offensive threat like Celebi does, uxie blocks empoleons counters but celebi can also Ko them.

I also realized I had swarm on my scizor, but with my aparent eq weaknesses I'm still switching it.

thanks for the advice I'm take everything into consideration.

Edited by memjee

Also how do my post cool pictures of my pokemon?? xDD

Use the Image tags. Grab some pictures of Pokemon and upload them to tinypic.com or something and use [noparse]INSERT PICTURE URL HERE[/noparse].

I would have suggested Gliscor to take everything Empoleon is weak to (and vice versa) but you have Rotom and Celebi to complement all that... so it is all fine.

Edited by wraith89

hmmm cool time to put pictures!!

actually your rite, celebi and Roserade attacks are too identical.

I'm gonna replace celebi with gliscor, it's in sandstorm anyways.

But that makes heatran not as important with the lack of fire weaknesses.

I might replace him as well, I'm thinking vapoureon.