Bad egg?

Ilmare

Hey, I just tried editing a pokemon for the first time and I ended up with a "bad egg" instead.

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/2787/attemptedpokesav.jpg

I made that, set it to be the first pokemon in an unused box and yeah.... I thought I did everything right... :/

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

EDIT: I did try to find other posts on the subject but the search thing said neither "egg" or "bad" could be used as search variables. Sorry if this type of issue has already been answered.

Isn't the main way to use Pokesav exporting it into ARDS format and inputting it?

@randomcouchpotato: Think that's really it? I've used pokesav for other versions and gave pokemon some fairly bizarre moves.

EVs (all 255), IVs (all 31) and Contest stats (all in 255) thats why it looks so hacked. Try randomizing the IVs to something credible, Getting the EVs within 510 TOTAL. And Contest Stats... dude, why do you need those anyway? Reset all of those to 0 and you should be good to go.

EVs (all 255), IVs (all 31) and Contest stats (all in 255) thats why it looks so hacked. Try randomizing the IVs to something credible, Getting the EVs within 510 TOTAL. And Contest Stats... dude, why do you need those anyway? Reset all of those to 0 and you should be good to go.

Does that really matter? I kind of already beat the game so I didn't give the "credible" thing much thought. I guess I did go a little hack happy with the contest stats though. xD

Yes, that DOES matter. It just KILLs the game to do stuff like that. If you are gonna manipulate Pokémon from your games, at least make them right, take the time to get a legal IV spread, check the ability values, the move set, and everything. Pokésav is a double edge weapon, use it wisely if you don't want to get owned by it.

A final note about contest stats; you should get only one maxed up stat, and maybe one or two with 2/3 or 3/4s developed, with full sheen of course, that to make it look as if your Pokémon had some real good poffins, because in the practice, that would be the best you can get. Anyway, I guarantee you, if you take the time to check all that, the Pokémon will pass all and every hack-check. Just like everyone of mine does.

(No, I won't 'sav for anyone...).

Cheers!

Yes, that DOES matter. It just KILLs the game to do stuff like that. If you are gonna manipulate Pokémon from your games, at least make them right, take the time to get a legal IV spread, check the ability values, the move set, and everything. Pokésav is a double edge weapon, use it wisely if you don't want to get owned by it.

A final note about contest stats; you should get only one maxed up stat, and maybe one or two with 2/3 or 3/4s developed, with full sheen of course, that to make it look as if your Pokémon had some real good poffins, because in the practice, that would be the best you can get. Anyway, I guarantee you, if you take the time to check all that, the Pokémon will pass all and every hack-check. Just like everyone of mine does.

(No, I won't 'sav for anyone...).

Cheers!

I know I've given tons of illegal move sets and illegal EVs on Pokemon I hacked onto Diamond.

So are you saying HG/SS prevents this?

No way! I've made full 31 IV/ 255 EV/ Shinies with pokerus/ etc. in HG/SS and have had no problems. Now, when I first started out, I quickly realized that you must be specific on certain things or you will end up with "bad egg" or nothing at all. Fill this out and pm it to me with the thread title, so I can help you out. It's the request form from the General Pokesav Request thread, which I've been helping out with a bit.

Pokemon:

Held Item:

Level:

Ability:

Nickname (If wanted):

Original Trainer (Trainer Name/OT):

Trainer Gender (If specific):

Trainer ID (If specific):

Secret ID (If specific):

Pokemon Gender (If specific):

Shiny (Yes or No):

Egg (Yes or No):

Nature:

Attacks:

PP (max or normal):

Pokérus Status: Infected/Cured/No Status

Pokéball Captured In:

Battle Stats:

IV Stats:

EV Stats:

Ribbons (If any):

Location/Date Met:

Level Met At:

Location/Date Hatched (If an Egg):

Happiness:

Contest Stats:

Party slot 1-6 or Storage box 1-18, slot 1-30 (required for AR code):

For what game (required for AR code): D/P,HG/SS or Platinum:

Also, if you feel ambitious once we've squared away this issue, I can give you some tips that work well for me.

His 85h Hex value is 00. Is this maybe the cause? I've checked all of my Pokémon and the 85h hex value is never 00 for me.

EDIT: I don't know that much about the Hidden Hex Values. I'm just taking a guess here.