I want to replace the HG/SS player character with Lance's sprites [OW done, just need backsprites!]

Alright, so I have Poketex and PokeDSpic. However, I'm not sure where to look for the right sprites. I can't find any list of Overworld sprites for the English ROM as yet.

As far as the backsprites go, I see that item 19 on a/0/0/6, using the DP version of PokeDSPic, contains the first two frames of the Lance backsprite--but they're in black and white. The second two frames aren't in that file, either.

Does anyone have any information I could use?

EDIT: Just need to figure out backsprites now, if anybody knows how, I'd appreciate it!

Edited by Champion Victoria

Huzzah, I can see the sprites! Copy-pasting the sprites doesn't seem to work as it used to, though. :-\

Is there a way I can just import the sprites for different slots, or will that not work due to a lack of running animations?

EDIT: I think I've solved that. The fishing/flying/whatever animations will look funky, but I can tell with that for now. So long as I have my walking and running animations, I am good.

EDIT: Success! Had to figure out how to fix the pallette, but that wasn't so hard. I'm Lance now! wheeee... giggling like a schoolgirl!

Now for backspriting...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, time for another update, a week later. I've still been fiddling with a/0/0/6 with mixed results. I found the PokeDSPicPlatinumTrainer program and tried using it on that file--it did manage to successfully load the palettes, which is quite nice, but it still renders the images as pure static, as PokeDSPicPlatinum does--the static just happens to be nicely colored. :P

So as it stands, I'm stuck unless there's a PokeDSPic for D/P that has the same coding that the PlatinumTrainer version does to load palettes. Also, replacing the png files directly--without worrying about the palettes--does work, except the original trainer backsprite doesn't seem to get replaced. Instead, a miscolored Lance just gets glued on top of the first two frames and then disappears for the last two frames (as we might expect, since I still haven't located where the last two frames are).

This is seriously bumming me out. I feel like I'm so close, but... grah.