Can't get Pokesav to work on HeartGold

emosenol

Well for starters, I will resort to Pokesav because I lost my Diamond a while back and found this method a whole lot easier. That is, IF I could get it to work! I've been up for hours trying to figure this out. Well, I got Pokesav, and I have an Action Replay working fine. I want to at least start with 4 pokemon by making them in Pokesav, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or where to even start. I am trying to make a Pineco, edit my Totodile, get an Aggron at level 40 (for later at least), and an Umbreon. If I am not being specific enough, I apologize, but I need help after losing out on 4 hours of sleep!

If you're trying to do it through codes, make sure you change the second line, replacing it with the two lines (as described here)

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?7511-Codes-Not-Working

The HGSS Pokesav is currently referencing the Japanese HGSS Version, which means the hex codes aren't exact. However by doing what is described in that thread, it should fix all of your AR Codes (it's never failed yet).

That definitely did the trick!!! Thanks a whole bunch! There are a few minor errors that I want to know how to edit out. I can't edit my starter totodile without making it look legit. Other minor issues are the word "apparently" in the summary of the pokemon I have and I can't find any of the Johto locations in the pokesav that I have. If you don't mind, can you give me any tips to make these pokemon look as legit as they possibly can?

To get rid of 'apparently' u need to find out your secret ID and subsequently enter it in pokesav.

Placing the following as an AR Code then holding START and SELECT will display your secret ID where your money is.

Secret ID Finder (Start+Select)

94000130 FFF30000

62111880 00000000

B2111880 00000000

DA000000 00000086

D7000000 00000088

D2000000 00000000

Yeah and like u say the 'Location' bits for where u met your pokemon are wrong when editing. They're still sinnoh style like twinleaf town and all. I wanna make my chikorita look like its from new bark town. I can't find a female one.

Edited by wombat

• 2 weeks later...

you can try to make it as an egg and leave the egg recieve location to none and hatch it at New Bark Town. u can even do it while u are recieving ur starter its real funny that way press L+R the moment the starter popped out from its pokeball and it will just stand there like a statue while u go talk to professor elm LOL(hatch the egg in the lab b4 u do anything). this solves the location and OT problem but it will says met at Lv.0 which is still a problem you need to get around but otherwise its as perfect as it gets.