Please Rate my Team

It's been doing decently on Shoddy Battle, but im not 100% sure about it.

Current Lineup

142.png474.png230.png286.png468.png369.png

Right now I'm using this for Shoddy Battles, but I plan on making it once I get SS for wi-fi battles :) I'm fairly new to the whole competitive pokemon thing, but I spent a lot of time thinking and researching so here it is.

My main concerns with the lineup is there isn't enough power, which Is why I included the Dragonite as a possible switch in. Also, I am really susceptible to Electric and Ghost pokemon, especially Rotom lol. please rate and gimmie some feedback, greatly appreciated.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers

Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SAtk)

Pressure

EVs: 252 Speed, 240 HP, 16 Attack

Set-up

- Stone edge

- Roost

- Stealth Rock

- Whirlwind

Use Stealth Rock, and then use whirlwind until I know their whole lineup pretty much lol, dealing damage with stealth rock obviously. I have roost in there to get some HP back in case I get into trouble, also Stone Edge for some regular damage.

Porygon Z @ Silk Scarf

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Adaptability

EVs: 4 Defense / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed

Special Sweep

- Tri Attack

- Recover

- Dark Pulse

- Nasty Plot

Well, not a lot to say about this except ridiculous damage. Tri Attack alone will around 200 Damage all things considered, it pretty much 1 hit KO's anything after a nasty plot. Dark pulse is for fighting off ghost pokemon, seeing as how that's one of my major concerns with this lineup.

Kingdra @ Leftovers

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Sniper

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Physical Sweep

- Substitute

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Outrage

Substitute first, then thrown in a dragon dance, maybe a focus energy if the substitute isnt already broken. Sniper + Scope Lens makes crit hits really effective, and outrage is just plain powerful once set up. This pokemon works really well in 2v2 battles.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Poison Heal

EVs: (252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP)

- Spore

- Substitute

- Focus Punch

- Seed Bomb

Standard Breloom Strat.

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense

Mixed Sweep

- Air Slash

- Roost

- Aura Sphere

- Thunder Wave

With Serene Grace, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash, they opponent has about a 30% chance of hitting instead of being paralyzed or flinching. Roost is there for obvious reasons, and Aura Sphere is just a good move :P

Relicanth @ Leftovers

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Rock Head

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Attack / 16 Defense

Physical Wall

- Head Smash

- Waterfall

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Rock Head + Head Smash is a great combo, waterfall because I needed a water move in my lineup, and the classic Rest + Sleep Talk for recovery.

Giga Drain acts as the main move here, One I leech seed, that + giga drain + big root can be pretty effective, throw a toxic in there, and it's one hell of a pokemon. Sludge Bomb as an alternate attack.

--

If you see any serious problems with the lineup, I included some options I think would be good below.

Possible Lineup Additions/Swaps:

Sweepers:

Dragonite @ Jolly / Inner Focus / Wide Lens (Physical Sweeper)

Dragon Rush

Aqua Tail

Iron Tail

Stone Edge

Heatran @ Calm / Flash Fire / Leftovers (Special Sweeper)

Substitute

Protect

Torment

Lava Plume

Arcanine @ Jolly / Pressure / Leftovers (Mixed Sweeper)

Flare Blitz

Extremespeed

Morning Sun

Toxic

Walls:

Articuno @ Hardy / Pressure / Focus Band (Special Wall)

Roost

Substitute

Mind Reader

Sheer Cold

Venusaur @ Mild / Overgrow / Big Root

Toxic

Leech Seed

Giga Drain

Sludge Bomb

Shuckle @ Relaxed / Sturdy / Leftovers (Mixed Wall)

Dig

Rest

Toxic

Protect

Edited by KimoTh3rapy

Ok I don't play OU all that much so I can only really point out obvious things, if you want technical in depth bamf ideas you'll have to wait :P

But straight away I know I don't like the look of frenzy plant on Venusaur. This is for two reasons. A) If skarmory or forretress is switched in, or any other pokemon that resists it switches into it, you have given that pokemon a turn to set up when whilst you charge - Similalry, unlike porygonZ, it doesn't have the pure ruthless power of STAB adapt base 130Spatk hyper beam lol. B) You already have a hyper beam, and even that on is a bit risky, don't go giving the opposition two turns to set up.

Also I don't think Togekiss will be out-speeding many things with no speed EV investment, can't be assed to do an EV spread atm - might do later. But without any speed you won't be flinching many people.

So for Venusaur I recommend you slap on Leaf storm and throw all Atk EV's into SpAtk. This way you have more power than frenzy plant and you don't lose a turn. However if you don't like the stat drop, you could keep the atk EV's and throw on Powerwhip or Earthquake, Earthquake on those that resists your stab giga drain. Mind you Skarmory will always wall you, so make sure you eliminate Skarm first. (or you could remedy this by throwing on HP fire with all in SpAtk - but then you'll have Blissey troubles so it's about lesser of the two evils really)

Edit:

Just saw your Articuno - you won't be able to use it as OHKO moves are banned from competitive play. :)

Eh, I decided to get rid of Venusaur all together. it was always my weakest link, never did what it was theoretically supposed to do. Put in a breloom instead.

And I got rid of Skarmory for Aerodactyle. the role is exactly the same, but Aerodactyle is just faster.

Breloom and Togekiss are okay, but everything else is bound to fail. First of all if you're using a defensive Aerodactyl you need Sandstorm from Hippowdon or Tyranitar. I recommend that you make this Aerodactyl use Stone Edge,Earthquake, Stealth Rock and Taunt, with standard 4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed. Porygon-Z can work. That Kingdra looks like it's too far fetched and would probably be better with Waterfall over Focus Energy. Also it will kill itself with confusion so you might want to consider changing this set. The Relicanth is cool, but it has too many weaknesses and counters to be used in standard. Also if you're using a Torment Heatran you should use it in semi-stall with Spikes/Toxic Spikes. Dragonite doesn't need Stine Edge or Iron Tail. Use Earthquake/Superpower and a Fire move instead. Err I could help you edit your team, but maybe tomorrow. (Tired)

So... I've been able to help? :D. I'm glad that Relicanth works well. You should use 240 HP, 252 Attack, 12 Defense, and 4 Speed, so you could outpeed Blissey. Anyways if you ever have any questions or something that you'd like to comment, I would glady reply :}