Trading pokemon from a modified TID/SID to match legit saves

Rio

I've played through Pokemon Sword/Shield/Scarlet/Violet on official cartridges and legit firmware.

I recently modded an OLED switch and I want to play through the games again on the modded switch.

My question is: If I edit the TID/SID on the modded switch saves to match those of my legit cartridge saves, can I then trade the pokemon obtained in the modded switch saves to my legit saves via local trading (as the modded switch cannot go online) and have them act as if they were caught under the original TID/SID legit saves (as the character gender and TID/SID will all match) or will this then potentially flag the legit save as being modded because the TID/SID are the same and therefore it looks like they have been "implanted" rather than "traded" (no different/new TID/SID) since Nintendos last logs of the game when it next goes online.

Sorry if this is a silly question! Thank you for any advice or input in advance! :)

7 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Modded consoles can go online. 

I was told that if you go online with the modded side of the console with things like copies of your games or mods it has an extremely high chance of a ban? (I'm running a dual boot and can get online on the legit firmware running my cartridges no problem) but I would like to transfer the pokemon from the modded side saves to a legit switch save on my other console.

Custom Firmwares can go online safely.
Nintendo mainly bans for piracy, or for behaviours that may lead to piracy.

If you're not a pirate, you can go online on your CFW Switch.

Double nand setup isn't suggested, as if you go online on EmuNand/EmuMMC Nintendo may notice mismatching nand logs and ban, as they can safely assume you have two nands for piracy purposes.

I would suggest to setup a SysNand-only CFW.

Anyways, you can safely trade mons locally, even if they have your other save TID/SID/OT.

6 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

Custom Firmwares can go online safely.
Nintendo mainly bans for piracy, or for behaviours that may lead to piracy.

If you're not a pirate, you can go online on your CFW Switch.

Double nand setup isn't suggested, as if you go online on EmuNand/EmuMMC Nintendo may notice mismatching nand logs and ban, as they can safely assume you have two nands for piracy purposes.

I would suggest to setup a SysNand-only CFW.

Anyways, you can safely trade mons locally, even if they have your other save TID/SID/OT.

Amazing thank you for this! I'm still new to the whole modded thing, so I can go online with things like checkpoint installed on the Sysnand? I'm just nervous as there is alot of varying info online on what is and is not allowed.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Rio said:

Amazing thank you for this! I'm still new to the whole modded thing, so I can go online with things like checkpoint installed on the Sysnand? I'm just nervous as there is alot of varying info online on what is and is not allowed.

Thanks again!

If you have homebrews such as Checkpoint on the Homebrew Launcher menu, it's safe to use even while on online. The only suggestion is to not restore saves that are synced in the Cloud saves. Disable Cloud saves and you're free to use Checkpoint safely. Pokémon save files aren't synced to the cloud anyways, but it may be a thing for other games.

If you have XCI/NSP/XCZ or any other "installable" formats (with installable I mean, that the app/homebrew/game goes into the Switch Home Menu) then it's a ban. Installable titles requires spoofing a cert, which is what triggers the ban. Uninstalling does not remove the cert, so it would still ban you if you have previously installed any titles on the SysNand.

Other instances of bans have occured when users cheated on online/ranked matches in competitive games, such as Splatoon 2. Those bans are usually only related to that specific game, and not to the console.