What does flag 1269 represent in Pokemon Platinum?

Posted (edited)

Hey Kurt, I tried doing that on pret platinum github but there's nothing about flag 1269 and that's why I'm asking you for help. Please consider taking your time to research about this flag.

Edit: When I tried to search up, "flag": 1036 on platinum pret github, I was able to identify that flag 1036 was Old Gateau ground item located in Old Chateau but when I did the same thing by searching up "flag": 1269, github says it can't find anything. I'm really confused and that's why I'm asking you for help.

Edited by Jollygator

Posted (edited)

I don't know which one is right, this spreadsheet or the checklist actually displayed on the plugin. According to the spreadsheet, 1269 is a field_item as you said. But the plugin shows that it's a trainer battle against a Reporter.

There are only two Reporters on Platinum, so that's easy to check: Kinsey (mondays at Jubilife TV with four rematches available) and Valerie (Seven Stars Restaurant inside Hotel Grand Lake on Valor Lakefront).

Some entries are not used in-game: there's a fight with unnamed Reporter who owns a Lv5 Rattata repeated four times and another fight with Kinsey (owning a Shinx Lv6 only). I got that info from this, posted here.

So... just try some save file with the 1269 flag unchecked and fight the Reporters to know which one is true. And if 1269 is indeed a trainer fight, you can trust the plugin to answer all your flag questions.

Edited by jacksonf