Question: Are there any way to retrieve my old Mew?

JonRavn

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum so excuse me if this is a stupid question - also, I excuse for my bad english. I am danish, so english is not my mother tongue.

First some backstory: In 1999 or 2000 or something like that, when was only 8-9 years old, our local Bilka (a Danish hypermarket) hosted a Pokémon event where you could get a Mew for your gen 1 Pokémon game (strangely, I can't seem to find anything about this event on the internet but I am sure it was in Bilka). The event was happening in school hours but I persuaded my dad to leave early from work and get a Mew for me from the event. I was of course ecstatic when I got home and there was a mew in my Pokémon Blue save game and I now finally had all 151 pokémons in my pokedex. Later on, I suppose I transferred the Mew to my copy of Pokémon Silver.

Fast forward to today. I suddenly thought of my save games back then on my Pokémon Blue and Silver and thought that I should maybe back them up before the battery dies in both cartridges. I know that it was quite special that I got the Mew back then so I wanted to back it up. I therefore brought a GB game dumper and got to work. The battery in my Pokémon Blue cartridge was still working, so I backed up my save game without a problem. Unfortunately, the battery in my Pokémon Silver cartridge was dead (it was first at that moment, I realized that I had transferred my Mew to my Pokémon Silver, because I couldn't find it anywhere on my Pokémon Blue save game).

My question now is:
Are there any way to retrieve or recreate my old Mew from my two games? Is it possible to do from the data about the Mew stored in the Pokedex in my Pokémon Blue save game? Or is there another way?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

• 2 weeks later...