Changing my trainer name in PKHeX still shows old name in game? (Generation I)

Hello! So, last night I was playing some Pokemon Green (I'll... get into that more later on in the post), and I named my trainer something stupid when I made the save file, lets say I named myself 'Zombo', but I've really grown to love the team I have currently and don't want to start over from scratch.

So, I rip my Pokemon Green save file from my cartridge and load it up in PKHeX, I change my name to, lets say 'Zetta', in the SAV field, and also go through all my Pokemon and change their OT to my desired new name, so they don't get an exp bonus. However, when I exported the save, and uploaded it back to my cartridge, my name was still what it was before! On the "Continue" window when you first bootup the game, on my start menu, my trainer card, and even on my Pokemons OT!

Now, the biggest reason I can think of as to why it isn't working is because. I'm playing on a repro cart of Pokemon Green, which is just the Red/Blue translation, with the sprites from Pokemon Green. It is not official at all, and I was scared that the save wouldn't even be compatible in PKHeX in the first place, but... it was? If PKHeX can read this repro carts save file, id figure it should be able to make changes to it too, but I could be wrong.

I'm at work at the moment, and did all of this last night, so I cannot send the save file in question, but does anyone have any idea why this isn't working? When I reload the save file into PKHeX, it sees all of my changes, only when uploading that save file back to the cartridge does it not recognize them! Are there perhaps additional steps I need to do to achieve changing my name, or have I done everything right?

Thank you all for your time!

18 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Probably not restoring it to your cartridge correctly.

Save data doesn't magically revert, it only stores what it has available, and RBY have no backup save file functionality, so any changes visible in PKHeX should be visible once correctly restored.

Yeah, for some reason the Epilogue Playback program could dump the ROM and save, and even flash another ROM to the repro, but it could not flash a save, for whatever reason. And my Epilogue GB Operator isn't compatible with FlashGBX, so. I ended up just having to restart my game, since I deleted my save data on the cartridge to troubleshoot some things. oh well, thanks for your help anyway