Foreign ditto plz help (Gen 3)

I've spent the last several hours looking to no avail. I'm trying to get a foreign ditto (anything other than english) and I can't find anything that's valid for my gen version. I'm trying to get one for FR/LG, but can't find any that work. Most are from newer versions, and have too much info, which leaves me confused on what the heck I do to get them into my game. Trying to insert them bombards me with messes of "invalid data." I haven't found a single one for Gen 3, and am feeling rather defeated. I don't understand PKHex beyond the very basics, and am not a coder by any means. I just want a valid foreign ditto PKM file for Masuda. The oldest gen ditto I found was gen four, which PKHex said was invalid or corrupt and couldn't go into my game. I'm sick of finding files from the wrong versions, or from posts that were made too many years ago.
I'd appreciate good IVs, but I honestly don't care at this point. I just need it to be foreign, valid, and work.

Please help..

TL;DR: Need foreign ditto (not english) Gen 3 only, up-to-date file, pkm file only, must be valid. Hope for good IVs, not picky tho

1. You know that PKHeX got a "Encounter Database" under "Tools" where you find tons of valid data for lots of pokemon from different versions
  2. I dont think it would be any help to have a valid file anyway, due to the newest change in Home, you cant trade any Legal pokemon to it due to the transferId being missing, at least last time I tried it, it showed pokemon from "Go" and "NDS and below" as Legal but crashed as soon as I wanted to send them to home to get them into a different game.

Edit: Please correct me if I said smth wrong

Edited by Saltyy
overread something

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Saltyy said:
  1. You know that PKHeX got a "Encounter Database" under "Tools" where you find tons of valid data for lots of pokemon from different versions
  2. I dont think it would be any help to have a valid file anyway, due to the newest change in Home, you cant trade any Legal pokemon to it due to the transferId being missing, at least last time I tried it, it showed pokemon from "Go" and "NDS and below" as Legal but crashed as soon as I wanted to send them to home to get them into a different game.

Edit: Please correct me if I said smth wrong

I don't quite understand the mention of the later games, since I specified I wanted an older gen ditto for an older-gen game (fire red/leaf green), but sure? I'll look into the tools, but when I tried before, it all seemed too complicated and I feel like I lacked too much context/understanding for that

Edited by ItsMoon_Shadow
Clarification in wording

3 hours ago, BlackShark said:

The Masuda method was introduced in Gen 6. In previous generations having a foreign Ditto won't change anything.

I didn't know that. Gen 3 is the only gen I've ever had. I got an emulator purely for fun and to get access to sapphire again, as my cartridge has been missing for years. I never got to play with anyone or do trades, as my house only has the one DSLite, and we never had a cable, even if I'd wanted to trade. Is there any other means I could use to get more shinies? I like the Gen 3 games, and find it rather disappointing that shinies are so sparse there.

2 hours ago, ItsMoon_Shadow said:

I don't quite understand the mention of the later games, since I specified I wanted an older gen ditto for an older-gen game (fire red/leaf green), but sure? I'll look into the tools, but when I tried before, it all seemed too complicated and I feel like I lacked too much context/understanding for that

1. Open PokeHx
  2. Go to "Tools" on the top
  3. Data
  4. Encounter Database (second from the bottom)
  5. Now at species you type "Ditto" 
  6. Press "Search"
  7. and there you get tons of dittos. You can rightclick one -> "view"  and then it loads it with all data for it. If you want a older one, scroll down and do the same 

Its easy, like just try around and explore what the programm gives you! 
    But the issue with the pokemon home track will remain, just saying.

On 4/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, BlackShark said:

The Masuda method was introduced in Gen 6. In previous generations having a foreign Ditto won't change anything.

The Masuda Method was introduced in Gen 4, and then updated to have a higher shiny chance in Gen 5. You might be thinking of the base shiny rate being doubled in Gen 6.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

Edited by sceptios

On 4/22/2024 at 6:13 PM, ItsMoon_Shadow said:

I didn't know that. Gen 3 is the only gen I've ever had. I got an emulator purely for fun and to get access to sapphire again, as my cartridge has been missing for years. I never got to play with anyone or do trades, as my house only has the one DSLite, and we never had a cable, even if I'd wanted to trade. Is there any other means I could use to get more shinies? I like the Gen 3 games, and find it rather disappointing that shinies are so sparse there.

I'm pretty sure Gen 3 is the only Gen where shinies exist but without a way to boost the shiny rate. Even Gen 2 has a shiny breeding method.