"Binary is not compatible with save file" after trying to load .sav file exported from bootleg sapphire cartridge

I bought and have been playing a bootleg copy of sapphire, and recently have been having issues with my save file. When I start the game on the cartridge I get the following error, and only the option to create a new game. 

image.png.f47e4f00d8c1669d4d71d4b7a967cb15.png

In order to try and see what issues my save file was having I was able to use FlashGBX to determine the save type as 512K SRAM and export the .sav file. When I try to load my file into PKHeX, I get the following error message:

image.png.6e0cced89dd1c0af7ac453f5fb8ac7a8.png

I'm not too familiar with the appropriate structure that should be present in the .sav file, so I am having difficulty troubleshooting this error. Any help would be appreciated.

POKEMON SAPP_AXPE-0.sav

4 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

If it doesn't load in an emulator or on the bootleg, it's likely toast. Open the file in a hex editor and compare the contents to a valid save file to see if the contents are even sane 

I opened the .sav I attached to the original post in a hex editor and compared it against a working .sav file. The structure and contents of the file look similar, no glaring issues sticking out. Not sure why PKHeX can't open the .sav

Referencing the structure of Gen3 saves, your save file is missing necessary blocks and has duplicate blocks.

image.png

Missing: Block 08

Normally, the save file is 14 blocks for a primary/backup, and another set for the other save. This one is a little all over the place, probably because blockwise writing failed once and it never saved the primary/backup sets completely (only one full set, kinda).

So, how to "fix" it?

To start, I rearranged the 0x1000-sized blocks in sequential order (based on their offset 0x0FF4 value); since blocks 5+ are for box data storage, I can "copy" block 7 and re-label it as block 8; sure the data might be corrupt, but it's better than an entirely missing block. Probably wasn't anything lost, because now that the save file opens in PKHeX (and emulators/cart) it seems you didn't store anything besides boxes 1/2 and 14.

image.png

POKEMON SAPP_AXPE-0.sav