Doubt in using the Desmume emulator, (several at the same time) to get shiny tepig starter

Hello, I have a question, when searching for the shiny, I almost always get the same pokemon in the 5 emulators that I use, or sometimes in 4 or 3 of them, with 5 the same statistics, gender, nature, I wonder if there is a way to avoid this? Or is it better to search for a single emulator?

Captura2.thumb.PNG.050be919ede662bd2e39ff1d6b5c20e1.PNG

Captura.thumb.PNG.a0b1c508d33e86f8e81ca5c288977ed3.PNG

If you're loading a savestate, or just have extremely consistent timing, you're going to have identical results often due to the RNG. You could potentially run into the same issue if you were using 5 separate actual DS's connected to a single source of inputs.

One way to avoid it would be to reset them at slightly different intervals, and not reset/load the game using savestates.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

If you're loading a savestate, or just have extremely consistent timing, you're going to have identical results often due to the RNG. You could potentially run into the same issue if you were using 5 separate actual DS's connected to a single source of inputs.

One way to avoid it would be to reset them at slightly different intervals, and not reset/load the game using savestates.

I don't use save states, only do soft reset, but I think that if there is a synchronization in the emulators.
Thanks for answering, will continue looking for the shiny one with the 5 emulators, wish me luck.
Edited by Kev-randar

• 1 month later...