Nothing changing after importing a sav file into the emulator. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong

I've watched countless videos and looked in multiple threads and I don't really know what step I'm missing. Importing a sav file that was exported from PkHeX/PkHaX doesn't change anything in my save file.

Here's a link to a video of what I'm doing exactly. Attaching the file here failed.

The game only loads the save file when it boots the game; all you're doing is importing it to the emulator, and the emulator isn't soft resetting to have it read your save file changes.

PKHeX is working as intended. Save Files are what the game loads when the game starts up. If the game does not (re-)start... should be obvious 😉

So If I close the game, reopen it and then import that should work? 

If you could tell me what to do to make it work properly as you're telling me instead of just telling me "it should be obvious" over and over, that would be great. Because in my eyes, it clearly isn't obvious. 

1 hour ago, iF_BIow said:

So If I close the game, reopen it and then import that should work? 

Try it and see.

The process is the exact same as when you restore your save file to your GBA cartridge; it can only be done in a powered off state, hence the game does a cold boot and loads the save file on startup.

5 hours ago, iF_BIow said:

I've watched countless videos and looked in multiple threads and I don't really know what step I'm missing. Importing a sav file that was exported from PkHeX/PkHaX doesn't change anything in my save file.

Here's a link to a video of what I'm doing exactly. Attaching the file here failed.

Try this

Pokemon Emerald Editar Sav.png

Thank you Ernesto for explaining in plain English what I need to do instead of giving me some cryptic riddle. I wasn't aware the ROM and SAV file had to have the same name. This worked great! Appreciate the help.