HGSS Pokemon from a battle video

Hello,

My brother put a pokemon with sentimental value into a pokewalker and lost it years ago. He didn't know you could call a pokemon back without the pokewalker and has since started a new game on the cartridge without making a backup. I recently checked the battle video on my copy of Soul Silver and I happened to have saved a recording of a battle between us where he used his important Uxie. I am hoping there is some way to get the pokemon's data from the battle video so it can be recreated in pkhex.

I have found programs that can get pokemon data from a battle data from pokemon platinum and pokemon BW/B2W2, but nothing for HGSS. Can anyone give me a hand finding a program or saving the pokemon?

POKEMON SS.sav

Edited by Cacob53

Lucky you, I reverse engineered a 14 year old program to convert its functions into PKHeX for Gen4 battle video ripping :)

See attached Uxie (assumed Platinum Acuity Cavern, since Version & Location aren't saved in battle videos), along with all 12 unfixed participating Pokémon.

Other small things like Met Date, Ribbons, and Contest Stats are also not stored in battle videos, so you'll have to restore those however you see fit.

0480 - UXIE - B8F264593D2E.pk4dump.rar

// ripped from offset 0x27000 (extdata block 02)
var data = File.ReadAllBytes(@"D:\Kurt\Desktop\test.bv4");
var bv4 = new BattleVideo4();
bv4.Decrypt();

foreach (var pk in bv4.GetTeam(0))
	File.WriteAllBytes(@$"E:\dump\0_{pk.FileName}", pk.DecryptedPartyData);
foreach (var pk in bv4.GetTeam(1))
	File.WriteAllBytes(@$"E:\dump\1_{pk.FileName}", pk.DecryptedPartyData);

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/802974a42c91d209cc75c383b09402136ca8beea