New to PKHeX(/HaX) - Pointers/Assistance Apprecaited!

Magkid

Hi there! 

Context; I am currently attempting to edit a save file for a custom rom hack I made via HG-Engine. No major changes, just changing gym leaders/elite 4/champion to have custom parties and allowing pkmn up to X/Y gen. I ensured I followed the instructions within hg engine to maximise compatibility (commenting out allow_save_changes).

When attempting to take my save file (raw save from Desmume export, 512kb) and pop it into PKHeX, I get this:

image.png.2b8931ea6489d955af365d425718079b.png

Attempting to use the .dsv from the Battery folder of Desmume produces this error:

image.png.0c352994292230629e6aaa97388f6307.png

I have done a few hours of reading through these forums to see the common issues/answers and can't quite come to a conclusion as to where my issue lies. In the save, I have got the Pokedex, returned the egg, done two trainer battles, accessed the PC and saved in-game more than twice. 

I have opened the .sav in notepad++ to see if data was present and, while it's completely unintelligible to me, there is stuff there.  

Am I to assume I have kind of borked it and the ROM will not be compatible with PKHaX in any form? I was just looking to add 999 rare candys, max repels and money. Potentially add a bunch of "vanilla" 'mon to boxes at lvl1.

I will attach the save file. I can attach the ROM also but won't on first post just in case it is against the rules. 

Apologies for my long post, I wanted to give as much info as possible and measure I'd taken. I'm hoping someone might be able to help! :) 

savetrial2.sav

Edited by Magkid

Your hack has modified the savedata structure; PKHeX scans to make sure things are "proper", and your save is not.

The first savedata object is expected to have a size of 0xF628, but it seems yours is 0xFBE0 (larger). The box storage object is also too large, coming in at 0x1E4FC (not 0x12310).

So, your save struct is different from what PKHeX expects for a valid HG/SS save file, and is thus not an HG/SS save file.

I guess I messed up somewhere along the way. I thought I had kept all manner of expansion disabled for compability purposes but I must have either enabled it by accident or was on by default. I'll go back and try to sort that out. 

Thank you for looking into it!