pokemon violet crashes after editing save with pokedex

P24nova

I used pkhex for editing seen all pokemon in pokedex and now everytime i want to open my pokedex and check my seen pokemon it won't open and my game is stuck. Music plays but i can't do anything other than restart.

9 hours ago, P24nova said:

I used pkhex for editing seen all pokemon in pokedex and now everytime i want to open my pokedex and check my seen pokemon it won't open and my game is stuck. Music plays but i can't do anything other than restart.

upload your sav

13 hours ago, P24nova said:

Won’t necessarily call that violent. That the game crashed, got pixelated visual glitches etc.

I reckon the issue being might have been caused by flagging a species with variable form as seen/owned but no forms are set to seen/owned.

That also happens in SWSH when all raids were flagged when it’s not possible.

Also happens in older gens when you edit stuff into a PC box that wasn’t actually unlocked.

Also I wonder if the game validates that you when you seen/caught species that don’t exist in the game (can happen if your save is on a lower revision but you’ve tried to hack in something added in a patch), just food for thought 

Please check all of those things :)

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Won’t necessarily call that violent. That the game crashed, got pixelated visual glitches etc.

I reckon the issue being might have been caused by flagging a species with variable form as seen/owned but no forms are set to seen/owned.

That also happens in SWSH when all raids were flagged when it’s not possible.

Also happens in older gens when you edit stuff into a PC box that wasn’t actually unlocked.

Also I wonder if the game validates that you when you seen/caught species that don’t exist in the game (can happen if your save is on a lower revision but you’ve tried to hack in something added in a patch), just food for thought 

Please check all of those things :)

The only thing i can think of than is that a pokemon is seen as male/female but they are genderless. Because that are the only 2 things that are checked when edit "seen all" in pkhex.