Current Handler keeps reverting to HT even though I changed to OT when reopening same file

I noticed my friend and I have different experiences when using the app. When I batch edit, I used the following: 

.CurrentHandler=0
.TrainerSID7=
.TrainerTID7=

Everything is good, so I save.  Mons don't show up as traded. 

However, if I have to go back to the save, I reopen the save, and the Current Handler is set to HT, as if I never edited it in the first place.  So I have to fix it with the code below, every time I reopen my save file, because I am magically not OT anymore. 

.CurrentHandler=0

My friend who has the same version (24.01.12) does not have to run .CurrentHandler=0 every single time because it saves the changes he made last time. Am I missing something? Is there a correct way to open the save file? I just do File > Open. 

Edited by RomansM0m

Pokémon stored in a save file need to be handled by someone. If the current save file is not the OT, then it is with the save file (as a handling trainer) and is adjusted to be correct in the save file by applying handling trainer data.

Handling trainer being OT requires OT details to match the Pokémon, such as the OT Name, ID, and trainer gender.

There is a setting to disable the auto-fix, but if disabled, the Pokémon won't be legal in the save file.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Pokémon stored in a save file need to be handled by someone. If the current save file is not the OT, then it is with the save file (as a handling trainer) and is adjusted to be correct in the save file by applying handling trainer data.

Handling trainer being OT requires OT details to match the Pokémon, such as the OT Name, ID, and trainer gender.

There is a setting to disable the auto-fix, but if disabled, the Pokémon won't be legal in the save file.

I forgot to mention, this is for LGPE.

I'm trying to understand the mechanics of how this works, I'm still confused. The living dex was generated with the AutoLegality mod, to which I configured the settings to my trainer information (only allowed Name, TID and SID, but not Gender. I had to change gender manually when I ran into "HT Gender is invalid". Somehow it fixed it by setting both OT and HT to female.

Is it because I made all the pokes shiny? Because PID had to change for every single one, except for Shiny-Locked. Forgive me, it's been awhile since delving into shiny pokemon.

And the setting to disable auto-fix is located in Setting > Bulk> CheckActiveHandler?

And while I have you here, I assume for LGPE there is no option to change the adventure start date?

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate the time you give to troubleshoot.

1 hour ago, RomansM0m said:

And while I have you here, I assume for LGPE there is no option to change the adventure start date?

Undocumented, unimplemented.

Errors in plugins not applying required values aren't really in PKHeX's scope; when you disable settings like that, you're going to have invalid Pokémon in the save file. If the save file they reside in does not match the entire set of OT details on the Pokémon, then they can only be under the possession of a Handling Trainer (not OT). If I gave you one of my Pokémon, you're the current handler, not me. Same concept.