Using Checkpoint to edit Pokemon Sword save and get unlimited Rare Candy

I have a legit save on my stock-nand for Pokemon Sword and i want to edit the save in PKhex in order to get a lot of rare candies, how would i:

1. move the save into emuMMC so i can access the save file and edit it?

2. Would it cause any problems if i restore my edited save file into the game and move Pkmon into Pokemon Home?

Any insight on this would be much appriciated.

54 minutes ago, flowerpot2 said:

move the save into emuMMC so i can access the save file and edit it?

You shouldn't need to move the save to the emunand. All you should need to do is load CFW on the sysnand, use JKSV or Checkpoint to backup the save, opening in PKHeX and then restore the edited save.

54 minutes ago, flowerpot2 said:

Would it cause any problems if i restore my edited save file into the game and move Pkmon into Pokemon Home?

Thus far editing saves to add "legal edits" hasn't caused anyone issues. Just don't add Pokemon that need to go through Home to get to your desired game into your game directly.

10 hours ago, foohyfooh said:

You shouldn't need to move the save to the emunand. All you should need to do is load CFW on the sysnand, use JKSV or Checkpoint to backup the save, opening in PKHeX and then restore the edited save.

I really dont want to load CFW in my stock sysnand because i want it to be clean. I still use nintendo services in my stock nand so i dont want to risk it.

10 hours ago, foohyfooh said:

Thus far editing saves to add "legal edits" hasn't caused anyone issues. Just don't add Pokemon that need to go through Home to get to your desired game into your game directly.

I only want to edit my save to have a bunch of Rare candies and edit the OT ID in some pokemons. (and possibly change my character name, which maybe the biggest dead giveaway that my save has been edited.) I wonder if anyne has ever done this.

Thanks!

Edited by flowerpot2

3 hours ago, flowerpot2 said:

I really dont want to load CFW in my stock sysnand because i want it to be clean. I still use nintendo services in my stock nand so i dont want to risk it.

CFW doesn't make your console "not clean", only piracy does (or generally, any NSP/XCI installation). Homebrews like save managers are totally ok to be run on CFW SysNand. Granted, you may also get flagged or banned from determined services if you cheat while doing ranked matches or something.

3 hours ago, flowerpot2 said:

I only want to edit my save to have a bunch of Rare candies and edit the OT ID in some pokemons. (and possibly change my character name, which maybe the biggest dead giveaway that my save has been edited.) I wonder if anyne has ever done this.

Don't edit immutable values from mons that have been through Home. OT Name changes did not storically cause any ban, but it's an easy check for GF/Nintendo if they really want to check. I wouldn't suggest it.