Modifying Pokémon Height/Weight Values in SWSH

Teno

Hello all,

I've been trying to get a shiny Zacian (I use the switch gift manager and make a wondercard and a forged BCAT) with specific size values so that it may get the jumbo mark in Scarlet Violet. I've been researching a bunch of topics on here but I've yet to find a definitive solution. I was looking into block editing  but don't really know how to proceed to modify the mystery gift so that the pokémon has weight/height of 255/255. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I had also considered cheat codes but couldn't find ones related to pokémon size. And besides, does that make the pokémon not authentic/legitimate, as in values would be forced ?

So my question is : is there a way to set or force the weight/height values to, let's stay, 255/255, in particular when receiving a mystery gift pokémon ? I'd like to do it the mystery gift way and not resort to making one from the mystery gift database in PkHex.

I'd greatly appreciate your help, thanks in advance. 😁

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I can’t remember, but for gifts it’s either preset or assigned randomly. 

It's assigned randomly when you receive the pokémon, and I was wondering how I could make it so that the size is set at certain values that I choose. I've been considering modifying right from PkHex once I receive the pokémon but I'd like to avoid it and keep it as "ingame" as possible.

6 hours ago, Teno said:

It's assigned randomly when you receive the pokémon, and I was wondering how I could make it so that the size is set at certain values that I choose. I've been considering modifying right from PkHex once I receive the pokémon but I'd like to avoid it and keep it as "ingame" as possible.

Perhaps you could try to modify the wonder card to have a fixed size (preset), then inject it via BCAT injection? Else there’s nothing else you can really do. I can’t walk you through that though.

As far as I know, nothing in the save can control the size of a Pokémon yet to be received. Besides that, save edit to modify the size.

Manu also helped me on that and told me that I could modify the wondercard. Any pointers as to where I could learn more on how to modify them if you don't mind please ? Also by save edit you mean via PkHex ?

In any case, thanks for your time and your help !

7 hours ago, Teno said:

Manu also helped me on that and told me that I could modify the wondercard. Any pointers as to where I could learn more on how to modify them if you don't mind please ?

I use the program HxD. Not sure where I can point to that teaches how to use them. If Manu shared you screenshots or addresses on how to edit them, then you could just load up the file into HxD and edit as per what he said. 

Also by save edit you mean via PkHex ?

Yeah save editing being editing via PKHeX. In this case, loading your save into PKHeX, then reading the data of your target mon, then manually editing the height/weight values. Though frankly modifying height or scale (depending on game) is enough, since weight isn’t really used.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:52 PM, theSLAYER said:

I use the program HxD. Not sure where I can point to that teaches how to use them. If Manu shared you screenshots or addresses on how to edit them, then you could just load up the file into HxD and edit as per what he said. 

Yeah save editing being editing via PKHeX. In this case, loading your save into PKHeX, then reading the data of your target mon, then manually editing the height/weight values. Though frankly modifying height or scale (depending on game) is enough, since weight isn’t really used.

Thanks a ton for the pointer Slayer! I'll do my research. Manu didn't share me screenshots but I'll try my hand at it. I'd also be very thankful if you had some to spare.
I also found some info for previous gens with a quick search. I'll go from there.