PKSM: PID frustration

Mew1511993

I've been trying to Legalize a Shiny Quirky Faraway Mew from Emerald. On PKSM

I put in my TID and Secret ID into RNG reporter to look for a Shiny Frame with the Nature I want.

Found one and put in the PID, IVs, and Nature.

But when I put in the PID it puts the Nature and Shininess on somthing else!?

I've tried multiple methods but none of them work.

It's also giving me the Error "Invalid: Encounter Type PID Mismatch."

I could really use some help 

16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

first, do all this in PKHeX.

Next, PID, Natures, IVs are linked in Gen 3. Without fail.

Break the link by changing it to something different and you'll get PID Mismatch.

Next, PIDIVs generated has to be Method 1, not any other method.

Why don't you show us what PID you're trying to get?

This one "F6FEB72E"...the weird thing is this is on a Mew I hunted using RNG manipulation and on PKHeX it went legal no problem. (Cause it was caught on a Japanese ROM of Emerald.)

Recreating that Mew on PKSM is when it started being difficult.

The only reason I'm doing it in PKSM is because I can't figure out how to get This Mew from PKHeX to PKSM so I can get it into my Ultra Moon copy. And then upto Violet.

Perhaps you may have a suggestion.

20231007_225529.jpg

41 minutes ago, Mew1511993 said:

PK3?

You'll have to forgive me I'm new to all this. But I'm willing to learn.

Here you have a Mew Shiny

Pokémon Emerald (JPN)

TID: 00711

SID: 45502

OT: ERNESTO/エルネスト

Mew/ミュウ Shiny

PID: 6937DA48

Nature: Modest

Level: 30

Language: JPN

Origin Game: Emerald

Met Location: Faraway Island

Ball: Poké Ball

HP:   31

Atk:  31

Def:  31

SpA: 31

SpD: 31

Spe:  31

0151 ★ - ミュウ - 79766937DA48.pk3

Edited by ERNESTO JG

While that helps them create a Mew, it doesn't really solve the problem at heart.

It sounds like they want to create their own Mew using their own TID/SID.

(unless they don't mind what you've given)

@Mew1511993 in any case, if you have access to the Japanese Emerald save, you can use PKHeX to load the save and extract the Mew.
Or did you mean you're attempting to create the Mew from scratch?

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

While that helps them create a Mew, it doesn't really solve the problem at heart.

It sounds like they want to create their own Mew using their own TID/SID.

(unless they don't mind what you've given)

@Mew1511993 in any case, if you have access to the Japanese Emerald save, you can use PKHeX to load the save and extract the Mew.
Or did you mean you're attempting to create the Mew from scratch?

Apologise it was late.

And Yes I want my Mew to be my own.

What I want to do is get this Mew from the Japanese Rom into Real Hardware so I can get it upto Scarlet and Violet.

Since I don't know how to get it out of the ROM

I planned to recreate it on PKSM so it would be identical.

But to my frustration the PID won't match up,

I found a PID for the Mew I wanted and gave the Mew in PKSM the same Language, IV's, and TID/SID that match the PID I found....but when I put in the PID it keeps changing the Nature and Shininess.

I don't know what to do.

Plus it keeps saying "Invalid: encounter type PID mismatched"

My guess is I'm using the wrong Encounter Type with is why the PID is not matching up.

But that doesn't make sense since my Japanese Mew on the ROM is Legal and uses the same PID I'm trying to give to the Mew on PKSM.

Edited by Mew1511993

4 hours ago, Mew1511993 said:

Disculpa que llegó tarde.

Y sí, quiero que mi Mew sea mío.

Lo que quiero hacer es llevar este Mew de la Rom japonesa a Real Hardware para poder pasarlo a Scarlet y Violet.

Ya que no se como sacarlo de la ROM

Planeé recrearlo en PKSM para que fuera idéntico.

Pero, para mi frustración, el PID no coincide,

Encontré un PID para el Mew que quería y le di al Mew en PKSM el mismo idioma, IV y TID/SID que coinciden con el PID que encontré... pero cuando introduzco el PID sigue cambiando la naturaleza y el brillo.

No se que hacer.

Además, sigue diciendo "No válido: el tipo de PID del encuentro no coincide"

Supongo que estoy usando el tipo de encuentro incorrecto y es por eso que el PID no coincide.

Pero eso no tiene sentido ya que mi Mew japonés en la ROM es legal y usa el mismo PID que intento darle al Mew en PKSM.

If you have PKSM on your Nintendo 3DS, why don't you use JKSM 3DS Save Manager to extract your save (main) of Pokémon Ultramoon/UltraSun

4 hours ago, Mew1511993 said:

Apologise it was late.

And Yes I want my Mew to be my own.

What I want to do is get this Mew from the Japanese Rom into Real Hardware so I can get it upto Scarlet and Violet.

Since I don't know how to get it out of the ROM

I planned to recreate it on PKSM so it would be identical.

But to my frustration the PID won't match up,

I found a PID for the Mew I wanted and gave the Mew in PKSM the same Language, IV's, and TID/SID that match the PID I found....but when I put in the PID it keeps changing the Nature and Shininess.

I don't know what to do.

Plus it keeps saying "Invalid: encounter type PID mismatched"

My guess is I'm using the wrong Encounter Type with is why the PID is not matching up.

But that doesn't make sense since my Japanese Mew on the ROM is Legal and uses the same PID I'm trying to give to the Mew on PKSM.

Can you transfer it to any Game that can extract the Mon? I assume you have a modded 3DS hence why you’re on PKSM. 

You could use JKSM or Checkpoint to extract a save file, for use with PKHeX. We have tutorials that cover both. This is for JKSM: 

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Can you transfer it to any Game that can extract the Mon? I assume you have a modded 3DS hence why you’re on PKSM. 

You could use JKSM or Checkpoint to extract a save file, for use with PKHeX. We have tutorials that cover both. This is for JKSM: 

Thank you for the help! I'll get to looking through this.

That being said Do you have an idea why PKSM wouldn't accept the PID from the Japanese Mew?

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It’s likely not just the PID. Everything doesn’t match. The PID-IV and stats are correlated, and something in the correlation is broken. 

Yeah somthing, I don't get it.

I changed the Stats, Nature, and original TID/SID to use the ones the RNG reporter said....but when I put in the PID it changed the Nature and Shininess....weird.

Could it be because it was an already existing pokemon?

(Edit Nope made a completely new Mew and it still won't work....I don't get it...The PID worked in the rom....why not in PKSM?

Edited by Mew1511993

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It’s likely not just the PID. Everything doesn’t match. The PID-IV and stats are correlated, and something in the correlation is broken. 

HOLY CRAP I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!

On PKSM the PID is put in backwards!!

I put in the PID in reverse and now it's Legal!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!

• Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2023 at 10:50 PM, Mew1511993 said:

HOLY CRAP I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!

On PKSM the PID is put in backwards!!

I put in the PID in reverse and now it's Legal!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!

You have no idea how confused I was I spent the whole day learning about hex running in circles and nothing adding up. THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW PKSM work a little different than expected. For more clarification for others, lets say a PID is 1A2B3C4E then on PKSM from top left to right on the hex editor you would input it as 4E3C2B1A. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU 😭

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having a similar issue, but I'm either doing something wrong or my situation is a bit different.

I've got a shiny Rayquaza that keeps getting the "Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch" error. If I change it to a PID from RNG Reporter it will then spit an additional error on top of the previous on which is "Invalid: PID should be equal to EC". 

I tried the reverse method  for putting in the PID in PKSM, but it's the same result as above.

The PID it has is FF80D403. I don't know if that's the original PID as I'm not to one who altered this Pokemon. All IVs are 31 which I'm not sure if I can just adjust those to whatever they originally were and boost them legitimately at a later time.

PKSM has an auto legality function, but I really do not want to utilize it as it wipes a lot identifying data like origin game, ribbons, etc while making it appear to be from Ultra Space. Normally I wouldn't care, but as dumb as it sounds this specific Pokemon has a lot of sentimental value to me, so I'd much prefer to avoid that.

Edit: It still let me transfer it through Bank into modern hardware. I don't use online functions, so non-issue.

Edited by OneTerribleName