Restore my 2015 OR save into a flash OR cartridge

atlantislelouch

Hi all, 

I have an old ram2sav.bin file which extracted on March 2015 from my original Omega Ruby cartridge. Since it has been a while, I found that my cartridge was lost and I'm looking for a solution to inject this .bin file into a flash OR cartridge in order to move my pokemon from OR to HOME or elsewhere.

This .bin file can be open in a older version of PKHex (2015) and I can see all my pokemons and trainer info. I also saved in .main format and it can be open in latest version of PKHex.

How can I inject the .main into a flash cartridge? 

Edited by atlantislelouch
update

• atlantislelouch changed the title to Restore my 2015 OR save into a flash OR cartridge

Thanks SkyLink98.

However, I just notice that my converted save file mentioned above is not a .main format. The format is SAV6AO. I exported this SAV6AO file through the "SAV" tab by pressing the control + click on the 2015 PKHeX. I think SAV6AO is not the same as .main?

I checked out this guide but I don't have extract option can be chosen in the "Export SAV" in the latest version of PKHeX. 

I also cannot find any clue in PKHeX -> About -> Shortcut

How can I export the .main file in PKHeX? Or it is unnecessary to export the .main file? I can just use the SAV6AO file and inject it with a hacked 3DS?

Thanks for answering

On 9/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, theSLAYER said:

Upload said file here and we will take a look

Hi Slayer, 

Sorry for the late reply as I reached the post limit yesterday.

Thanks for the help and here is the SAV6AO file and the original .bin extracted from 2015 PKHeX. 

Save removed for security purpose

On 9/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, SkyLink98 said:

See here to manage your saves. If you have the main save file you can inject it with any hacked 3DS.

I struggling if i should install homebrew at this point to try the injection as my 3DS version is still on 11.1.0-34J. Not sure if I should get a cartridge and try the old ram2save exploit or just straight flash the firmware and do the injection with Checkpoint. 

On 9/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, theSLAYER said:

Upload said file here and we will take a look

I still fail to export the file to .main. They remain in SAV6AO.

6 minutes ago, atlantislelouch said:

I struggling if i should install homebrew at this point to try the injection as my 3DS version is still on 11.1.0-34J. Not sure if I should get a cartridge and try the old ram2save exploit or just straight flash the firmware and do the injection with Checkpoint. 

I still fail to export the file to .main. They remain in SAV6AO.

Upload the save here and let us take a look. Doesn’t matter if it failed. Just drop it here so we can advise further

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Upload the save here and let us take a look. Doesn’t matter if it failed. Just drop it here so we can advise further

Hi Slayer, 

I had uploaded the save in this thread last Friday. Let me know if you cannot get the files. See the quote below

On 9/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, atlantislelouch said:

Hi Slayer, 

Sorry for the late reply as I reached the post limit yesterday.

Thanks for the help and here is the SAV6AO file and the original .bin extracted from 2015 PKHeX. 

ramsav(SAV6AO) 472 kB · 5 downloads ramsav.bin 512 kB · 4 downloads

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@atlantislelouch back up a cart normally (even if it has dummy progress).

Then replace the save with your current 6AO save. make sure it is named main (with no extension) and be the only file in the folder.

The file you extracted is good for usage, just need to rename it before you use it.

Thanks @theSLAYER. I also want to check and see if the below steps are correct before proceed.

1. Root my 3DS in into homebrew/CFW
  2. Get a flash cart and create a dummy save
  3. Use Checkpoint to backup the dummy save
  4. Rename my 6AO save to main
  5. Replace it with the dummy save in the folder
  6. Use checkpoint to restore the 6AO save to perform the injection
  7. DONE.

Let me know if any step missing or unnecessary. Appreciated your help again!

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

To be clear, are you certain you’re using a flash cart, or you using a physical cart of the actual game?

Sorry for the typo. Let me clarify here.

I want to use a physical Omega Ruby cartridge (non R4). What I want to say is a fresh physical cart (Without any save inside it).

Because I'm not sure if a flash cart can transfer my Pokemon to HOME. Also my old R4 for DS Lite is not working properly
So my 1st pick will be obtain a a physical cartridge just like the old times. Then inject the save into it

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Sorry yeah physical is fine with the steps I’ve provided. I’ve modified my own cart like that.

@theSLAYER BIG Thanks!!!!!!

I modified a bit of my previous post as I want to give you a more clear picture of the plan. And I also want to know if flash cart (R4) can transfer Pokemon to HOME

If the steps work on physical cart then it will be fantastic! I will have a try and let you know if I have any problem!

57 minutes ago, atlantislelouch said:

@theSLAYER BIG Thanks!!!!!!

I modified a bit of my previous post as I want to give you a more clear picture of the plan. And I also want to know if flash cart (R4) can transfer Pokemon to HOME

If the steps work on physical cart then it will be fantastic! I will have a try and let you know if I have any problem!

Given Pokémon Bank requires access to your save, and how R4 doesn’t save the file in the save partition but instead as multiple files in the SD, you can transfer out from an R4. 

When it comes to transfer processes, the sending game usually has to be a retail cart (or a very very expensive flashcart, or a somewhat one use per flash kind of flashcart), and the receiving game can be a flash cart/repro.

So in Pokémon Bank’s case, it would need a retail cart.

Hi @theSLAYER Got some question when I walkthrough my Pokémon with PKHeX

Question 1:
Not sure if I should ask legality question here but I got an issue about the 'Encounter type PID mismatch', missing OT memory or Geo problem. 

These Pokémon which is traded from previous version (i.e. Pearl / Platinum etc..) or hatched from ORAS originally. Any possible reason other than mod or generating from PKHex? Attached some the them for your reference

Question 2:
Does 'invalid move' block the Pokémon transfer to HOME?

Question 3:
Does changing the 'Encryption constant' also count as mod? As I know if change in PID cannot be play online event...

0471 - Glaceon - A9AA8FA3250C.pk6 0642 - ボルトロス - 301D8EACF0D1.pk6 0350 - Milotic - 2498C3064302.pk6

• 2 weeks later...

Question 1:
Not sure if I should ask legality question here but I got an issue about the 'Encounter type PID mismatch', missing OT memory or Geo problem. 

I don't see the missing OT memory or Geo Problem, but for all your uploaded Pokemon, they all have modified IVs, hence encounter type mismatch.

Question 2:
Does 'invalid move' block the Pokémon transfer to HOME?

No clue, don't risk it.

Question 3:
Does changing the 'Encryption constant' also count as mod? As I know if change in PID cannot be play online event...

It is something you cannot achieve in-game, so yes, it is an significant edit.