PowerSave code for Shiny Pokemon... modify PID… and IVS?!

RoninS

Why the Shiny PowerSave code changes also the IVS? From gen 5 the PID is no longer linked to the IVS, so... why with this code the IVS they change? And what is the difference between a genuine Shiny and one generated with this PowerSave code?

Edited by RoninS

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

We don’t operate under PowerSaves, so wouldn’t know for sure until we see an example of the changed file.

But do you agree with me about the not-connection between the ivs and the PID?
In your opinion what could be the cause?

6 hours ago, RoninS said:

But do you agree with me about the not-connection between the ivs and the PID?
In your opinion what could be the cause?

While Gen 5 has some slight PID correlations, if a mon is caught/bred in Gen 5, there’s no PID to IV.

While I agree with that statement, I cannot be certain that principle was what Powersaves was aiming to tackle with their shiny code. Hence why I said what I said.

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

While Gen 5 has some slight PID correlations, if a mon is caught/bred in Gen 5, there’s no PID to IV.

So.. In 6th and 7th gen is possible modify the IVS without conseguence to the mon legality? Fo example, if i caught a pkmn in Ultramoon with 2IVS and with Powersave (or other hack) upgrade to 6IVS the pkmn remain legal or become defected/hacked? Could be forming a conflict with PID?

11 minutes ago, RoninS said:

So.. In 6th and 7th gen is possible modify the IVS without conseguence to the mon legality? Fo example, if i caught a pkmn in Ultramoon with 2IVS and with Powersave (or other hack) upgrade to 6IVS the pkmn remain legal or become defected/hacked? Could be forming a conflict with PID?

For Gen 6 and 7, they’re thought to be sufficiently random and not linked between the different stats. It would not be detected illegal presently, if you don’t make any other weird changes.

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

For Gen 6 and 7, they’re thought to be sufficiently random and not linked between the different stats. It would not be detected illegal presently, if you don’t make any other weird changes.

So the PID serves only for determine if the pkmn is normal or Shiny?

Edited by RoninS