Make gen 3 Pokémon get size 0

apri

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Any last questions from the people that are in this thread, before I lock this thread?

Thank you, that's it from me. I guess I send over copies from Bank then and let every Gen 1 – 4 Pokémon touch PLA to get at least Standard HT/WT. I was just very disappointed by HOME randomly assigning scales to my old monster bros without me being able to have any say.

19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Fair enough.

Yup, HT/WT gets assigned in HOME.
And when the mon enters SV, it copies HT to the variable Scale, before it enters SV (Scale is used by SV to visually show sizes of stuff)

The only time SV gives HT/WT of stuff, is for stuff that is generated in SV, so it wouldn't apply to stuff caught/bred outside of SV.

Oh I see, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info!

I guess the only thing we can still find out now, is if it's even possible at all, to actually randomly get HT/WT 0 from Home, and then ofc sending the Pokémon to SV and get size 0 the regular way (as intended by Home). I guess it's probably either 1/16512 odds, or locked to not be able to get size 0 at all. I'm assuming it's the same odds as SV though, so I guess it's just a matter of time until the first person shows up to state that they randomly got size 0 through Home.

It can be a new thing, just like shiny hunting legendaries, but instead finally seeing the Mini mark after 16 000 transfers🙃

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah I came to the same conclusion in my tweet. Either not possible or possibly triangular distribution. For triangular, need roughly 51 full boxes to be transferred.

edit:

@apri in case you're curious about my findings

Whoah congrats on getting size 0 and size 255! Now we know! Getting a few after "just" 3700 tries certainly gives hope. Much better than 1/16512 odds as in SV at least. Any technique to transfer and check them as fast as possible?

18 hours ago, apri said:

Whoah congrats on getting size 0 and size 255! Now we know! Getting a few after "just" 3700 tries certainly gives hope. Much better than 1/16512 odds as in SV at least. Any technique to transfer and check them as fast as possible?

Well, 255 only in Weight. Have yet to get 255 in Height yet.

Nah that is still within odds. It could be 1/16512; think of it as getting a shiny Pokémon at the 500th encounter.
That doesn't mean that shiny odds are not 1/4096, it just means that you got it under odds

This would need to be tested multiple times to the full extent, to conclude the probability.
(But I probably won't, cause it is mind numbing..)

As of now, I'm just trying to see what distribution it forms, and whether 255 in Height is possible or stopped by HOME.

edit:

Edit yet again: Hopefully this page helps explain it all.

21 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Well, 255 only in Weight. Have yet to get 255 in Height yet.

Nah that is still within odds. It could be 1/16512; think of it as getting a shiny Pokémon at the 500th encounter.
That doesn't mean that shiny odds are not 1/4096, it just means that you got it under odds

Oh, true! You could've just been 'lucky' getting two pokémon with HT 0 below odds, and then I guess unlucky with 18 000 transfers to finally get the HT 255.

I checked your linked threads, interesting findings for sure. Thanks for the helpful research! I'll be transferring Pokémon through Bank to Home and then to SV. How do you transfer and check the pokémon as fast as possible?

9 minutes ago, apri said:

Oh, true! You could've just been 'lucky' getting two pokémon with HT 0 below odds, and then I guess unlucky with 18 000 transfers to finally get the HT 255.

I checked your linked threads, interesting findings for sure. Thanks for the helpful research! I'll be transferring Pokémon through Bank to Home and then to SV. How do you transfer and check the pokémon as fast as possible?

I used a custom made plugin to dump all the HT/WT values in my save into a CSV file, which I then ported the data to my Excel file that already have graphing set-up.

Yeah, ultimately it matched the triangular distribution curve. Testing with 50k mons for 95% confidence would be the gold standard, but that just takes way too much time. Even if the odds cannot be confirmed, at least the 'shape' of the distribute is.

On 6/14/2023 at 2:39 PM, theSLAYER said:

I used a custom made plugin to dump all the HT/WT values in my save into a CSV file, which I then ported the data to my Excel file that already have graphing set-up.

Yeah, ultimately it matched the triangular distribution curve. Testing with 50k mons for 95% confidence would be the gold standard, but that just takes way too much time. Even if the odds cannot be confirmed, at least the 'shape' of the distribute is.

Yeah, I think we totally know the odds well enough to know what we can expect. Your research was plenty.

And alright, I only have devices to dump saves from gen 1-4 games, and my switch is not CFW so I'll just try my luck the regular way then to transfer and check the sizes. I probably won't give it too many tries if it gets boring tho. We'll see 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, apri said:

Yeah, I think we totally know the odds well enough to know what we can expect. Your research was plenty.

And alright, I only have devices to dump saves from gen 1-4 games, and my switch is not CFW so I'll just try my luck the regular way then to transfer and check the sizes. I probably won't give it too many tries if it gets boring tho. We'll see 🙂

Alternatively, if it's a species you can catch in Pokémon GO, may be better to just do that.

XXS and XXL sized Pokémon are guaranteed to be size 0 and 255 respectively, upon transfer.

And for some XS and XL, they qualify for 0 and 255 respectively. Just need to check the height before transfer.

I would recommend that over transferring thousands of mons.

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Alternatively, if it's a species you can catch in Pokémon GO, may be better to just do that.

XXS and XXL sized Pokémon are guaranteed to be size 0 and 255 respectively, upon transfer.

That's a great tip too!

If it's one of my old fave Pokémon from gen 1-4 that I'm transferring up all the way with ribbons and things, I think I'll give it some tries to at least get an XXS (in SV measurements). That's still close enough to SV size XXXS, so visually they'll be pretty much the same. So that will be cool for the old classics in a new game.

Other than that, I think chasing for a Mini and Jumbo in Scarlet & Violet or Go is, you know, the way to... GO!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, apri said:

That's a great tip too!

If it's one of my old fave Pokémon from gen 1-4 that I'm transferring up all the way with ribbons and things, I think I'll give it some tries to at least get an XXS (in SV measurements). That's still close enough to SV size XXXS, so visually they'll be pretty much the same. So that will be cool for the old classics in a new game.

Other than that, I think chasing for a Mini and Jumbo in Scarlet & Violet or Go is, you know, the way to... GO!

Good luck!

If you're okay with cloning, just send over 15-20 saves containing one single mon, and see which is eligible for the mini/jumbo mark ><

44 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Good luck!

If you're okay with cloning, just send over 15-20 saves containing one single mon, and see which is eligible for the mini/jumbo mark ><

Thanks! 🙂