Anyway to transfer progress? Gen 4

Mihanya

Greetings again.

So, couse it's seems that no one could understand what problem happend with my HeartGold save.
Maybe there are some way to transfer progress to another save? Not talking about pokemons (PkHex will help with that), but with gyms and etc?

1 minute ago, Mihanya said:

Greetings again.

So, couse it's seems that no one could understand what problem happend with my HeartGold save.
Maybe there are some way to transfer progress to another save? Not talking about pokemons (PkHex will help with that), but with gyms and etc?

You can only attempt to ‘transfer progress’ if your save even works.

to check if there’s anything in the save, have you tried opening it with PKHeX? At a glance quick glance in a hex editor, there is data, but I’m not at a computer to test if it’s valid.

46 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You can only attempt to ‘transfer progress’ if your save even works.

to check if there’s anything in the save, have you tried opening it with PKHeX? At a glance quick glance in a hex editor, there is data, but I’m not at a computer to test if it’s valid.

Yes, PKHex do open it just fine. Every pokemon is there.
But as i mentioned in my previous post< when i try to load it on my 3ds, it gives me a top red screen with dots (if i delete save, and try to start a new game, everything is just fine)

38 minutes ago, Mihanya said:

Yes, PKHex do open it just fine. Every pokemon is there.
But as i mentioned in my previous post< when i try to load it on my 3ds, it gives me a top red screen with dots (if i delete save, and try to start a new game, everything is just fine)

You might be missing a step.

open it in PKHeX. Export it from PKHeX (this step is important, as it fixes any broken checksums).

only then do you restore the exported save into your game.

Lemme know how that goes :)

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You might be missing a step.

open it in PKHeX. Export it from PKHeX (this step is important, as it fixes any broken checksums).

only then do you restore the exported save into your game.

Lemme know how that goes :)

Well, sadly still nothing(
i open save in PKHex, export it, drop it on my 3ds, and nothing( Still red screen😔

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Mihanya I was able to use your RAW save (one not even opened by PKHeX; the untouched very first copy you've uploaded) in my game.
image.pngimage.png

So there's nothing wrong with your save. Probably emulator settings.

I again tasted it, and welp, thats some crasy stuff happening here.
Game works just fine, just not with my save.
Save works just fine, but not with my forwarder.
Forwarder works, just not with this save on this game.

I tried to delete and install it again from different repack, still the same. Tryied to reinstall previous, nothing

In the end i found that twillight runs game and this save just fine, so i still consider it as a win.

Big thanks to you. I'm really gratefull. You saved my lads)🥳

• Like 1