Games: Brand New Nintendo Hardware: Platform of Future Pokémon?

NewsBot

Hmmm, that's true. The only reason that I don't want the 5th gen games on a new handheld is, because I just bought my DSi(and I'm very happy with it), and I think my parents would 'freak out' if I alredy buy a new(like they cal it)"gameboy".

Maybe they can make the first 2 games for a regular DS and then the third of the serie on the new handheld.(But i'm sure that won't happen.)

Hmmm, that's true. The only reason that I don't want the 5th gen games on a new handheld is, because I just bought my DSi(and I'm very happy with it), and I think my parents would 'freak out' if I alredy buy a new(like they cal it)"gameboy".

Maybe they can make the first 2 games for a regular DS and then the third of the serie on the new handheld.(But i'm sure that won't happen.)

Well if the DS2 is released in Japan around the end of this year, then it won't be coming out in North America until sometime in 2011... so I think you'd probably be okay on that end.

there's no point in DS2 development just yet, when Pokemon Co still hasn't yet utilised DSi development.

having a new game for DS could mean anything from a regular DS game to a game with DSi enhancements or even a full DSi cartridge game. motion sensors are small enough to put in DS carts now, maybe we're not seeing new hardware for the unit but actually for the next game.

Hey guys, here's some more stuff!

The DS 2 (not to be confused with the XL, which only ate a super mushroom), is reportedly alive and kicking, with developers now testing the motion-sensing console—but it won't be ready in time for GDC in March.

CVG spoke to a developer at one of the studios that's been lucky enough to receive the early prototype, and apparently it's already making waves there:

"It's genuinely the best thing I think I've ever worked with, I can tell you that it's got a 'tilt' function that's not dissimilar to iPhone, but does a lot more. We know that The Pokemon Company are getting special attention with it."

The Pokemon Company is a a division of Nintendo that handles marketing and licensing for Pokemon games—suggesting one of the launch titles that will take advantage of the HD screen and motion-sensing console will be a continuation of the Pokemon saga. It's been a while since I've checked in with Ash and Pikachu, but I'll definitely give it another spin if it's got some cool iPhone-like tilt control when battling.

I also think it is time for a new handheld console. I sortof wish that they hadn't bothered with the DSi, especially if they are in the full swing of developing the DS2.

I'd never even heard of the DSi XL until reading this thread. It's colours are awful, but other than that, I prefer the consoles when they were bigger. I still like my old brick of a DS over my sister's DS lite though.