PkHax changing my pokemons stats from a Rom hack

MeGaBidouf

So from what i understood PkHax is supposed to be used with Rom hacks because the program will not change the pokemons stats that the creator of the Rom may have changed (or maybe i missunderstood), so then i dont get why mine keeps changin the pokemons stats to their original form.

I did the normal PkHax installation and it gives me the inicial screen saying "Illegal mode activated please behave" so I assume i did the installion correctly. Sry if someone already made a similiar question but i could not find such thread.

Thank you in advance for the help.

(pictures showing what i mean by changing stats)

image.thumb.png.98d9f126fdaf7e616b1a25245680d8ab.pngimage.thumb.png.5fc69fac423ba312bda3ad56b272ec7c.png

Boxed Pokemon in generation 5 do not store stats, so the game recalculates them on the fly.

Since the stats are not stored in the box, PKHeX has to guess what the stats are, instead of showing zeroes.

PKHeX does not support ROM Hacks. Whatever functionality you see is what you get; don't expect perfect behavior.

Again, boxed Pokémon do not store the current stat values.

PKHeX works by loading the Pokémon's data from box, then checks if there's any existing stat values to display. If there are none, it regenerates them based off the game's stat calculations. Then, it shows the stats. If stats were available (eg, read from a Party slot) it would show those instead.

Since no stats are stored in the box, the program regenerates them instead of showing nothing/zeroes, hence things differ from what you see in-game.

All PKHaX does is just allow you to tick "manual stats", which disables the program from recalculating them when stats already exist (party) or when you change other stat-influencing things like Species/Form/Level/etc.