Is it possible to get a shiny 3 Segment Dunsparce in Gen 2?

Woodierbean

I was wondering if it was possible to get a shiny gen 2 dunsparce that would evolve into a 3-segment dudunsparce when transferred up into SV when HOME comes out? Or will it be like shiny Unown where only I and V are available due to how everything is generated?

It is possible, and it will be determined when the Encryption Constant is generated when moved via Transporter to Pokémon Bank, as Gen 1/2 do not have PID or EC.
Since those are generated randomly, it would be the standard odds, 1/100 to have an EC where "EC mod 100 == 0" which results in Three Segment.

You could transfer hundreds of them to attempt to have one be assigned the correct EC, either legitimately or via cloning glitches in Gen 2 to make hundreds of copies, or do Transporter RNG abuse to attempt to force one to have the correct EC.
https://www.pokemonrng.com/transporter

• 1 year later...

I think they change the EC when the Pokémon it’s transferred to Pokémon home because I follow this method but used PKSM to verify the EC mod 100 = 0, and finally for one but upon transfer it evolved to 2 segment form, I clone a complete box to make sure, always 2 segment 

The Encryption Constant does not change when moved to Pokémon HOME, that is incorrect.
Keep in mind that it's EC mod 100 = 0 when the EC is converted to Decimal. In Hexadecimal, it's EC mod 64 = 0
Either your math was incorrect, or PKSM's was.

Also, if you cloned them in Gen 2, and then sent them up, they'd all receive new/different ECs, each with a 1/100 chance to be eligible to evolve to 3-Segment, if you only cloned 1 box, (20 pokemon), then you'd only have a 18.21% chance of finding one that evolves to 3-Segment.

If you cloned them AFTER they had already been sent to Bank, then the EC would be identical for the entire box you cloned, so there's no chance for any of them to evolve into 3-Segment. You'd have just copied the exact same set of ECs, all of which already didn't evolve into 3-Segment.

• Ditto 1