Unable to match an encounter from origin game on Pokémon Sc/Vi

Jarod09942

I have this error message on a handful of my Pokémon. Some are Pokémon that I caught, and all I did was make shiny. The others are not shiny, and caught by me in game but it still throws that code.

So in other words, even on random Pokémon from a legit copy of Violet, they are flagged as “Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game“

these Pokémon aren’t illegal, so why are they marked as such? Is it just because this is a newer release? 

Attached is one random Pokémon that I caught on on store copy, no edits, and it is marked.

975 - Brambleghast - B38021586851.pk9

Edited by Jarod09942

i made it legal easily, with the plugin.

just make a trainer folder on Pkhex folder

drop a pk9 file on trainer folder

open pkhex, open your save, select your pokemon and click on

tools--> showdown --> extract to showdown

tools --> auto-legallity mod -->Import with auto-legallity mod

and voila

19 hours ago, jackio said:

and voila

Awesome, Thank You!!

On 12/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, jackio said:

and voila

What plugin are you using? Im insanely new to pkhex and getting this same message when trying to make a pokemon 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, jackio said:

and voila

Is there a way to do an entire box? 

42 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

Is there a way to do an entire box? 

Copy all the box to showdown

Press control + i (having the plugin)

The box will be filles with legal pokes (unless something truly doent work, it will appear as digglet)

54 minutes ago, jackio said:

Copy all the box to showdown

Press control + i (having the plugin)

The box will be filles with legal pokes (unless something truly doent work, it will appear as digglet)

Ah, thanks! I was doing that and didn’t  realize it was generating in the back boxes. And is it normal for it to change the OT to PKHeX?

2 hours ago, Jarod09942 said:

Ah, thanks! I was doing that and didn’t  realize it was generating in the back boxes. And is it normal for it to change the OT to PKHeX?

its normal it changes OT name to pkhex, to avoid that make a folder named trainers on PKhex folder

place 1 .pk9 file (the pokemon must be captured by you) and go to auto legallity plugin settings, and in the lowest part, says "usetrainerdata" must be true

• Thanks 1
  • Teary-Eyed 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 5:06 AM, jackio said:

and voila

Hello. Thank you for sharing. However, there's no option named "extract to showdown", only "extract set/party/current box to clipbox". What might you be referring to?

28 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

Hello. Thank you for sharing. However, there's no option named "extract to showdown", only "extract set/party/current box to clipbox". What might you be referring to?

I migth be in a hurry XD, but its extract set

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jackio said:

I migth be in a hurry XD, but its extract set

Tysm!! How does the auto-legality mod work? Specifically, can I gen a pokemon without the correct moveset and location and use the auto-legality function? Will it auto-configure the right settings for the gen pokemon?

13 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

Tysm!! How does the auto-legality mod work? Specifically, can I gen a pokemon without the correct moveset and location and use the auto-legality function? Will it auto-configure the right settings for the gen pokemon?

Yeah, the auto legality basically makes a legal pokemon, usually makes them "born from egg" (if available) that makes it easier to legalize.

Moveset will usually give it 1 or 2, but if you are importing many, just use batch editor

.moveset=$suggested

And if you want to import many just make a list and leave a space between them and you can even load boxes, or make a complete dex

20 minutes ago, jackio said:

Yeah, the auto legality basically makes a legal pokemon, usually makes them "born from egg" (if available) that makes it easier to legalize.

Moveset will usually give it 1 or 2, but if you are importing many, just use batch editor

.moveset=$suggested

And if you want to import many just make a list and leave a space between them and you can even load boxes, or make a complete dex

I tried to gen a pokemon using data from another pokemon that already existed in my box. For example, a level 100 tinkatuff and I typed in Pikachu, then I applied the auto-legaility mod but got the error message saying that it's an invalid moveset. How do I make it work? :( 

19 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

I tried to gen a pokemon using data from another pokemon that already existed in my box. For example, a level 100 tinkatuff and I typed in Pikachu, then I applied the auto-legaility mod but got the error message saying that it's an invalid moveset. How do I make it work? :( 

Change species to pikachu

Control + c on the name

Control + i to import with auto legality.

It will appear a msg adking if you want to load the set "pikachu"

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jackio said:

.moveset=$suggested

Tysm! The method you suggested worked perfectly. Is there a faster way to gen pokemon that I need in order to complete the pokedex? I'm still figuring out how to use the batch editor to make a complete dex but I don't know the command for that.

If there's a guide on how to use the batch editor, please let me know. Otherwise, I'd really appreciate your help.

Also, by "importing", do you mean "gen-ing" my own pokemon into box? How do I import many at once? 

Go to options - auto legality

Create a living dex

Or if you want to import many at once just writte the names, with a space between them

Pikachu

Bagon

Koraidon

Same, control + c - control + i to load all names

Edited by jackio
  • Like 1