Really good question here.

Herol

Ok so, I been thinking about this. I have pokemon that are perfectly created. legal stats, legal info, passes nintendo legit/legal check when submitting a video. These are flawless in my book. My question is this. If I trade my scizor over, will it still be able to pass, or will its lack of the pokeball hex mess that up? I had thought, with some common sense, that pokemon on D/P/PT, Plat in my case, that they do not have this hex as is, even if created by the game. So will HG/SS add that in as the trade takes place?

Just curious. I planned to make a clone of my scizor for HG when it hits the states. Wanna know if he can stick by me through to online play.

I believe the HGSS ball value will remain blank even if traded to HGSS, although come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure.

My guess is that if HGSS sees a blank value there and / or if it notes that the Pokémon's hometown was DPPt, it will check the DPPt ball value and forego the HGSS value entirely.

Still, this is something worth looking into.

Yes see, it made me wonder. Its a completely new value to the game, so then it wouldn't be looking for it if its from platinum. But I wonder. Is this going to be like trading with yellow with silver and gold? Like you can only take pokemon from that gen when you trade with it?