Input file is too large

SeanX

8 hours ago, foohyfooh said:

What is the version you are playing on? And if you are on 1.0.1, was that the version the initial save was made with or was it initial 1.0.0?

I assume there is file size differences depending on which versions your game was played with just like Sword and Shield.

I think my version of the initial save was 1.0.1. 

2 minutes ago, foohyfooh said:

Interesting. The file info for my Violet file shows  Size = 3.10 MB (3,251,648 bytes) and Size on disk = 3.10 MB (3,252,224 bytes), and I started on 1.0.1 as well.

The best option is probably to backup your original data, make a new save and export it , then submit this issue to the PKHeX GitHub.

Thank you, I'll try it.

2 hours ago, Phulvio said:

I have the same issue, has anyone figured it out yet?

EDIT: I used FTP in order to transfer savefiles, but getting them directly from SD solved the issue

I also used FTP to transfer files, using filezilla, and encountered this issue. Changing the transfer type under the transfer menu option from Auto to Binary fixed this for me.

• Ditto 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, Darksylum said:

I dont think its the FTP, i think the the new update if you updated to 1.1.0 it stopped it.

You must have misread the post because

1. the people who said they had issue had resolved it because it was an FTP issue

2. the issue happened before Dec 1st when the update came out

• 11 months later...

I fixed this for Pokémon violet by applying an old update to the game. I'm personally using update V 1.3.2 and then putting my save on the 3.0.0 update with checkpoint. So just install Pokémon and an old update. Should fix the file too large error