I Need Help With PKHeX for Macbook Pro M1

kinggkidd

On 1/19/2024 at 8:02 AM, CoolEggs said:

Looks like wine-stable just updated to version 9.0 - this seems to run the newest version of PKHeX perfectly! The days of older versions/wrappers are over haha

Edit: Well.. it seems to crash every time I hit "File", so maybe we continue with these other fixes for now..

I will try building a wrapper soon since wineskin is being updated to the latest version of wine

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 1:26 AM, dtingley11222 said:

I used wineskin to create an m1 port of pkhex. This one is a little bit outdated, so make sure to right click this application, click "Show Package Contents", drive_c, Program Files, and open the PKHeX folder. Replace the PKHeX.exe you find in there with the latest version of PKHeX. Enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbrx-LJG-Yx4kLWeNQn9Z7bboDDrdp2x/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter. 

I tried the command in terminal and it gave me an error says drag pkhex here not found. what else do I need to do to run this? btw just need this to hack in rare candy for  some roms. 

Edited by Jedimystic

On 1/19/2024 at 1:02 PM, CoolEggs said:

Looks like wine-stable just updated to version 9.0 - this seems to run the newest version of PKHeX perfectly! The days of older versions/wrappers are over haha

Edit: Well.. it seems to crash every time I hit "File", so maybe we continue with these other fixes for now..

I was having the same issue and got it fixed by changing the windows version to "Windows 7" using winecfg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hau said:

I was having the same issue and got it fixed by changing the windows version to "Windows 7" using winecfg

Awesome, that just fixed it for me too! I never would've expected setting the windows version to an earlier version would fix this issue haha.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, CoolEggs said:

Edit 2: As Hau pointed out in a later post, if you set your windows version to Windows 7.0 in `winecfg`, then running the newest PKHeX works perfectly with wine-9.0!

I got the pkhex.exe file and the winestable 9.0 file as well, do I need anything else to run it?? I'm stuck I switch winestable to windows 7 through "winecfg", and when I go to open pkhex with winestable it does nothing

Edited by Kronnox

On 3/18/2024 at 8:42 PM, Kronnox said:

I got the pkhex.exe file and the winestable 9.0 file as well, do I need anything else to run it?? I'm stuck I switch winestable to windows 7 through "winecfg", and when I go to open pkhex with winestable it does nothing

I can try and help - but first a few questions. What happens when you try and run it? How did you download wine-stable 9.0? Lastly, what OS are you using?

On 3/25/2024 at 12:36 PM, CoolEggs said:

I can try and help - but first a few questions. What happens when you try and run it? How did you download wine-stable 9.0? Lastly, what OS are you using?

I hit run and it looks like it's loading but it never opens, I got wine through this link (https://github.com/Gcenx/macOS_Wine_builds/releases), and I'm running the latest OS (Sonoma 14.4.1)

• 3 weeks later...

i am having this problem but none of the solutions previously in chat worked for me what do i do? i use an m1 macbook pro with ventura 13.2.1 and the app has a circle with a cross on it and when i replaced the wineskin files partially with the originals, it just told me to download .net 8.0.4 and after i did it still didnt work.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:26 PM, Kronnox said:

I hit run and it looks like it's loading but it never opens, I got wine through this link (https://github.com/Gcenx/macOS_Wine_builds/releases), and I'm running the latest OS (Sonoma 14.4.1)

Hmm... I would suggest using homebrew in the mac terminal (https://brew.sh/) and then run "brew install wine-stable" (without quotes). That way you wouldn't have to build anything from their github. After it installs, run "winecfg" and change the OS to use "Windows 7" (as that seems to fix the weird popup errors we had been getting so far).

You could also try the wrapper originally posted in this thread, I'm just unfamiliar with how those work.