PkHEx Gen 7 & 8 WC PID Generation

LilSmooshy

With not being able to inject wondercards into gen 7 (switch) and 8 how does PkHex generate the PID/data when generating a mon via the .wcfull file?

As PkHex is generating the data (from my understanding) would there be any issues with Pokemon Home or transferring?

I've noticed some of the downloads include a .pb7 or .pk8; is this a clone of a redeemed wondercard?

Thank you

11 hours ago, LilSmooshy said:

With not being able to inject wondercards into gen 7 (switch) and 8 how does PkHex generate the PID/data when generating a mon via the .wcfull file?

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/d9b4a0c771fc78725e942e1e67c5560e9ba93546/PKHeX.Core/MysteryGifts/WB7.cs#L470
Since the RNG is sufficiently random in Mystery Gifts (with the exception of BDSP gifts), it doesn't really matter what method you use to generate a PID.
PKHeX check the PID Type coded into the wondercards. If it's fixed PKHeX applies that one, in the other cases it generates one randomly.

As PkHex is generating the data (from my understanding) would there be any issues with Pokemon Home or transferring?

No. Just make sure to generate each mons in their respective game of origin.
Eg. LGPE events must be generated in LGPE, SwSh events must be generated in SwSh, BDSP events must be generated in BDSP etc.

Doing otherwise might be detectable by Nintendo/GF since the mons would have an invalid Home tracker and they'd miss game-specific data.

I've noticed some of the downloads include a .pb7 or .pk8; is this a clone of a redeemed wondercard?

We don't have specific rules about that. It depends on the event you consider. If there's only a pk file, then it's probably a clone of a legitimately redeemed/obtained pokemon. If it's among a wondercard file, it's probably a clone with some informations wiped/replaced for privacy reasons. The infos that are wiped/replaced might be different depending, again, on the event.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:41 PM, SkyLink98 said:

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/d9b4a0c771fc78725e942e1e67c5560e9ba93546/PKHeX.Core/MysteryGifts/WB7.cs#L470
Since the RNG is sufficiently random in Mystery Gifts (with the exception of BDSP gifts), it doesn't really matter what method you use to generate a PID.
PKHeX check the PID Type coded into the wondercards. If it's fixed PKHeX applies that one, in the other cases it generates one randomly.

Thanks for the information. What is the exception with BDSP gifts?