Trying to edit a save file from a fake cartridge

Thebulls244

Hey all, I bought a fake Pokémon Leaf Green cartridge awhile ago. When I bought it I wasn't intending on exporting it to edit the save file (I didn't know you could). I have completed the game and have put in hours of grinding into that save file. I want to put the save on my modded 3ds so I can do the special events and hack Pokémon onto the save. I've used GBA Backup Tool to attempt to backup the save. When I put the save into PKHex I get the "Binary is not compatible with save file Current SAV Generation: 3". Again I am aware that the cartridge is fake. I put my save file in the file box so anyone can take a look at it. Thanks in advance!

POKEMON_LEAF_BPGE01.SAV

On 8/8/2022 at 3:18 AM, theSLAYER said:

Dump the rom, use our “bootleg extractor tool”

https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/53-save-editing/

Then extract the save using the tool.

DONT UPLOAD THE ROM HERE.

Do note as of now it’s pretty difficult to reinject an edited save into a bootleg cart without appropriate hardware.

So I downloaded the extractor and I did both the Quick Search and the Full Search. After I did both searches it said, "Done! Pending Further Use". Am I supposed to do something after its done?  

On 8/11/2022 at 6:39 PM, theSLAYER said:

If you’re trying to place a save into your modded 3DS, you won’t need to convert it to a .gba.

do you have a modded GBA VC cia installed on your 3DS?

I'm not sure what that is. I was planning on turning it into a cia through "New Super Ultimate Injector For 3DS". When I want to make a new cia it tells me that I have to load a ROM.

3 hours ago, Thebulls244 said:

I'm not sure what that is. I was planning on turning it into a cia through "New Super Ultimate Injector For 3DS". When I want to make a new cia it tells me that I have to load a ROM.

Well, long story short, you don't inject a save as a ROM.

If the converter needs a ROM, supply it a ROM.

ROMs (like .gba) and saves (like .sav) are two different things.

Maybe set up the GBA cia and install it first.