Gen 1 on OpenEmu with PKHeX

I'm having an issue where PKHeX will not let me open a save file I have for my Pokemon Red game so I can look at the stats of my Pokemon. I use my Mac to play Pokemon games so I currently use OpenEmu as my emulator of choice. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the games and the generation they come from or OpenEmu itself but I keep getting the following error message: "Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt." I just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and solved it before I toss myself down the rabbit hole to figure this thing out.

Are you using save states from the emulator menu/short cuts or do you save ingame normally?
Save states won't work as those are not proper save files. Ingame saves should work, assuming the emulator doesn't do anything weird with it.

Upload your save file for us to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I have tried both save files and also battery files (which I thought should work) however none of them seem to work. I get an error message that says "Binary is not compatible with save file. Current SAV generation: 8"

It is an emerald rom. It is a rom hack however as far as I know that should not be a problem either. Does anyone know why I get this problem?

It is this file:

Pokemon - Emerald Version.sav

Edited by Homga