Anyone here completed national dex in Hoenn?

Soul Dew

Has anyone completed the national pokedex in Emerald here?

I was wondering, what was the most time consuming of the mons to get? - I'm pretty close to finishing it, just missing some legendaries, I'll attempt to get the mythicals as well, even if its not necessary. I think Celebi and Ho-oh are possible using a JP gamecube -> JP Ruby/Sapphire -> NTSC versions.

Feebas is possibly the most time consuming, ignoring Mythicals + Ho-Oh & Lugia.
Getting all the legendary beasts also qualify, if you only have one copy of FRLG and no Colosseum.

For the record:

Mew - some form of hacking non present day
Celebi - JP Colo Bonus Disc
Jirachi - US Colo Bonus Disc
Deoxys - some form of hacking in present day 

Ho-Oh - Colodrum Mt Battle
Lugia - Gale of Darkness

40 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Getting all the legendary beasts also qualify, if you only have one copy of FRLG and no Colosseum.

For the record:

Mew - some form of hacking non present day
Celebi - JP Colo Bonus Disc
Jirachi - US Colo Bonus Disc
Deoxys - some form of hacking in present day 

Ho-Oh - Colodrum Mt Battle
Lugia - Gale of Darkness

Oh yeah - Feebas took me way longer than it should have x.x

Are both Ho-Oh and Lugia obtainable from NTSC games? Idk why I remember reading something about needing to complete a JP game to be able to get one of them.

5 hours ago, Soul Dew said:

Oh yeah - Feebas took me way longer than it should have x.x

Are both Ho-Oh and Lugia obtainable from NTSC games? Idk why I remember reading something about needing to complete a JP game to be able to get one of them.

Yes. Mt Battle Ho-Oh is in all Colo, XD Lugia is in all.. XD. Thing is you gotta think about the requirements to get them. FYI They weren’t required for Gen 3 Nat dex completion.

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yes. Mt Battle Ho-Oh is in all Colo, XD Lugia is in all.. XD. Thing is you gotta think about the requirements to get them. FYI They weren’t required for Gen 3 Nat dex completion.

Ah ok, thanks for the help ^^

I bought a copy of ruby/sapphire/leaf green off ebay and 2 of the games have suspicious mons like Mew on them, I guess it's safe to say they were most likely hacked right

35 minutes ago, Soul Dew said:

Ah ok, thanks for the help ^^

I bought a copy of ruby/sapphire/leaf green off ebay and 2 of the games have suspicious mons like Mew on them, I guess it's safe to say they were most likely hacked right

Chances are. There are saves with event Pokémon (or events that came directly from distribution carts, whether the distribution carts were original or cloned) floating around.

Whether you should keep it, depends if you find those “acceptable”. (The data is indistinguishable from the original run of the event. However some kind of hack had to be used for those to be playable)

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, theSLAYER said:

I totally agree on that, Feebas is by far the most annoying pokémon to catch.
Also catch Raikou, Entei and Suicune is annoying because you need to start a playthrough for each pokémon.
But I think Chikorita, Cindaquil and Totodile even more annoying because you need to fullfill the Hoen dex for each of this pokémons!

• Like 1