How to set Pokemon with "authentic" EV stats

Ollietaro

I am looking to add Pokemon to my Crystal VC save file with max IVs but I want the EVs to be set as they would be as if it were just caught in the wild. What values should I put for the EVs?

Do all wild Pokemon EVs start at zero? What about Game Corner Pokemon? I not only want the Pokemon to pass legality check but also have stats as "natural" as possible as if it were caught in the wild/purchased from the Game Corner. Thanks!

EVs can be gained and removed through multiple different methods:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values
Yes, wild Pokémon start with no EVs, and I'm honestly not sure any ingame encounters start with an existing set of EVs.
The only "fishy looking" set of EVs would be a total of 508, as it would require a player to specifically use Feathers, or KO a Pokémon with an effort value yield of 1-2 to stop just short of the true cap, instead of the more naturally occurring total of 510, especially considering there's no stat difference between a Pokémon with 508 and 510 total EVs, as the final 2 EVs are not enough to affect the stat itself.

Edited by Atrius97

On 3/28/2022 at 12:49 PM, Atrius97 said:

EVs can be gained and removed through multiple different methods:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values
Yes, wild Pokémon start with no EVs, and I'm honestly not sure any ingame encounters start with an existing set of EVs.
The only "fishy looking" set of EVs would be a total of 508, as it would require a player to specifically use Feathers, or KO a Pokémon with an effort value yield of 1-2 to stop just short of the true cap, instead of the more naturally occurring total of 510, especially considering there's no stat difference between a Pokémon with 508 and 510 total EVs, as the final 2 EVs are not enough to affect the stat itself.

Thank you! I know the EVs are slightly different in gen 2 as well and all of them can be maxed as opposed to later games.