JAPAN 3DS + CFW no Pokemon Bank?

Hello, I just got a Japanese 3DS cause it was cheapee, I have it homebrewed and everything. I have not region changed it (not sure if I should)

But the MAIN PROBLEM is that when I access Pokemon Bank I get "purchase" "add credits" or exit. Mind you its still in Japanese (which is fine) upon trying to purchase or add credits and inputting eShop gift card, I get errors and its not accepting the gift card(in app or online).  

Do I even need the gift card? I thought it was free, been trying to find a way around this with no luck. Just trying to move Pokemon from Ultra Sun to Home

Any Ideas? Would region changing work? 

1 hour ago, woetakuu said:

Hello, I just got a Japanese 3DS cause it was cheapee, I have it homebrewed and everything. I have not region changed it (not sure if I should)

But the MAIN PROBLEM is that when I access Pokemon Bank I get "purchase" "add credits" or exit. Mind you its still in Japanese (which is fine) upon trying to purchase or add credits and inputting eShop gift card, I get errors and its not accepting the gift card(in app or online).  

Do I even need the gift card? I thought it was free, been trying to find a way around this with no luck. Just trying to move Pokemon from Ultra Sun to Home

Any Ideas? Would region changing work? 

The gift card may have expired, check the validity of the gift card. Or, you could just wait for Bank to be free for a month.

Region changing for eShop use may be risky business. Even tho for region changing, most of the internal memory would be swapped out anyway, and duplicated apps has to be deleted, you may screw up someone and the server recognises your device as “modified” or “originally being Japanese”.

I say just wait for it to be free. Bank is gonna be gone soon anyway, no point having a subscription..

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The gift card may have expired, check the validity of the gift card. Or, you could just wait for Bank to be free for a month.

Region changing for eShop use may be risky business. Even tho for region changing, most of the internal memory would be swapped out anyway, and duplicated apps has to be deleted, you may screw up someone and the server recognises your device as “modified” or “originally being Japanese”.

I say just wait for it to be free. Bank is gonna be gone soon anyway, no point having a subscription..

Thanks for replying, I think it won't be free until March 2023, and since I currently have a Home subscription I just wanted to get them all moved ASAP.

I probably won't region change since it looks like it won't help, but I might try a different code. The first one I got was from Eneba and their USA code work but this one didn't.

I've contacted Nintendo Support as well, and since I can't use my PayPal or credit/debit card to load (since they're international I guess) my only option seems to be getting another code from PlayAsia or something.

Any other ideas?  Thank you

3 minutes ago, woetakuu said:

Thanks for replying, I think it won't be free until March 2023, and since I currently have a Home subscription I just wanted to get them all moved ASAP.

I probably won't region change since it looks like it won't help, but I might try a different code. The first one I got was from Eneba and their USA code work but this one didn't.

I've contacted Nintendo Support as well, and since I can't use my PayPal or credit/debit card to load (since they're international I guess) my only option seems to be getting another code from PlayAsia or something.

Any other ideas?  Thank you

At the moment I don’t really know any other options. Probably Playasia? There was news about something going on with 3DS Japan eShop. Think it was them no longer accepting credit cards? If so yeah, maybe gift cards are the way to go.

Do check when your existing gift card expired. These redemptions have a limited time. Couldn’t redeem my VC Crystal cause it expired, and Japanese Nintendo Support, while being fast to reply, went with the “it is already expired so we cannot do anything” route.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

At the moment I don’t really know any other options. Probably Playasia? There was news about something going on with 3DS Japan eShop. Think it was them no longer accepting credit cards? If so yeah, maybe gift cards are the way to go.

Do check when your existing gift card expired. These redemptions have a limited time. Couldn’t redeem my VC Crystal cause it expired, and Japanese Nintendo Support, while being fast to reply, went with the “it is already expired so we cannot do anything” route.

Yeah sounds like that might be it, was scouring the internet for this problem but there were no postings about it so I figured I'd make it.

Appreciate all your help! 

4 minutes ago, woetakuu said:

Yeah sounds like that might be it, was scouring the internet for this problem but there were no postings about it so I figured I'd make it.

Appreciate all your help! 

Yeah if you didn’t get your code too longer ago, maybe try to get a refund on it from wherever you got it from.

• Thanks 1